account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Smart backlight control since last update

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 11 of 73
Message 11 of 73

Re: Smart backlight control since last update

Restart and check 

Apprentice
Message 12 of 73
Message 12 of 73

Re: Phone crash meltdown XZ Premium

After updating to Android 9, smart backlight control keeps stopping. Any fix? 

Visitor
Message 13 of 73
Message 13 of 73

Re: Phone crash meltdown XZ Premium

Facing the same issue with backlight control crashing randomly all the time since the update to Android 9

One time poster
Message 14 of 73
Message 14 of 73

Smart Backlight Control Keeps stopping

Screenshot_20181205-072332.pngI've updated to the last released update. But it keeps stopping. It started when I updated to Android pie 9. Please solve this quickly.

Rookie
Message 15 of 73
Message 15 of 73

Problem with intelligent control of lighting after updating Android 9.0

بعد التحديث الاخير للجهاز  يظهر اشعار متكرر لمشكله في التحكم الذكي للاضائه ويطلب اغلاق التطبيق ولا يمكن  ذلك ويظهر الاشعار مرارا ما حل هذه المشكله حيث اني اكلك سوني xz   وايضا xz1  ويظهر في كليهما بعد التحديث 

After the last update of the device, there is a repeated notification of the problem in the intelligent control of lighting and requests the closure of the application can not be and it shows the notification repeatedly resolved this problem where I take Sony xz and also xz1 and appears in both after the update

-GT

Pioneer
Message 16 of 73
Message 16 of 73

Re: Problem with intelligent control of lighting after updating Android 9.0

Hi everybody ( @Albalushi@Shar13@Lynn_Htat@Auntieboo, ...);

I think we must wait until Sony solves this issue in future updates but until then the solution is when putting the phone to charge disable the Smart Backlight Control ( Settings>Display>Advanced>Smart Backlight Control>Disable).

Commissioner
Message 17 of 73
Message 17 of 73

Smart backlight control keeps stopping afte November security update on Pie

Smart backlight control keeps stopping on Xperia XZ Premium Dual SIM afte November security update (running on Pie). It's happening while phone is charging. Could you fix it?

Screenshot_20181206-215125.pngScreenshot_20181206-215229.pngScreenshot_20181206-215606.pngScreenshot_20181206-215739.pngScreenshot_20181206-215847.pngScreenshot_20181206-220032.png

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Commissioner
Message 18 of 73
Message 18 of 73

Re: Problem with intelligent control of lighting after updating Android 9.0

Happening me too while charging every night again and again... https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ-Premium/Smart-backlight-control-keeps-stopping-afte-Novembe...

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
One time poster
Message 19 of 73
Message 19 of 73

Backlight control app anomaly

Buonasera, riscontro problemi con l applicazione del controllo retroilluminazione..sembra non funzionare correttamente.. Mi appare spesso il popup avviso che mi dice di terminare l app. Clicco Termina ma riappare sempre. Questo problema della retroilluminazione l ha sempre avuto seppur senza avviso di popup, praricamente va e viene la luminosità del display seppur ci sia luce nell ambiente! Cosa devo fare?   É un difetto di fabbrica del mio telefonino? Si può risolvere? Grazie mille

Good evening, I encounter problems with the application of the backlighting control .. it seems not to work properly .. I often see the popup warning that tells me to terminate the app. Clicking It ends but it always reappears. This problem of the backlighting has always had albeit without warning of popup, praritically comes and goes the brightness of the display even if there is light in the environment! What should I do? Is it a factory defect of my mobile phone? Can it be solved? thanks a lot

gt

Apprentice
Message 20 of 73
Message 20 of 73

Re: Backlight control app anomaly

Same problem for me as well follow update to pie