account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Smart backlight control since last update

SOLVED
Pioneer
Message 61 of 73
Message 61 of 73

Re: Smart backlight control since last update

@HawkeyeSE ;

As posted in this thread the update with firmware version 47.2.A.6.30 solved this issue, but you must have in account that updates are released gradually according to the costumization version of the firmware.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 62 of 73
Message 62 of 73

Hello again everyone!

@Reevee, I'm sorry that you feel this way and that is taking some time for this to be addressed.

According to the post that @Unregistered user made, it should now be fixed, however if you still have no received the update that solves this, you will have to wait.

@kolegaz, I really do hope so as well! Thank you for your patience!

@TomaszDK, I understand the frustration and based on the post that @Unregistered user made, it was solved for him with the 47.2.A.6.30 update. If this is not available for your device yet, I hope that it will be very soon and that it will be resolved for you as well.

@HawkeyeSE, It is marked with a solution as the post that I made includes the information that I have available for this unexpected behaviour and that it will be solved in a coming software update (47.2.A.6.30 according to @Unregistered user).

I understand the frustration for all of you and I hope that the update will be available for your devices as soon as possible. Thank you all for your patience.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 63 of 73
Message 63 of 73

@Jonas, thank you for answer. It's har to be patient. I have disabled "smart backlight control" but crash message keeps showing on my scream.

I hope the next update is coming soon to my phone

kind regards

Tomasz

Visitor
Message 64 of 73
Message 64 of 73

Smart backlight control keeps stopping

THIS IS DRIVING ME INSANE. 

is there anything I can do to stop this smart backlight control notification. It pops up every 2 seconds I'm trying to use my phone.

ARRRRRRGH 😠😠😠😠

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 65 of 73
Message 65 of 73

Re: Smart backlight control keeps stopping

@Liv91 ;

You can simply turn it off in Settings>Display>Advanced>Smart Backlight Control.

Visitor
Message 66 of 73
Message 66 of 73

THANKYOU! 

Regular
Message 67 of 73
Message 67 of 73

I have been having the same issue.

Mine is still on 47.2.A.4.41 with security patch level December 2018. Checked for updates but it's still not available for me.  The roll out is too slow for bug fixes and security updates.  

Sony Xperia Support
Message 68 of 73
Message 68 of 73

Hi @Liv91, I understand the frustration and I'm sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

I can see that you were able to turn the feature off with the great assistance of @NunoSEN2. When the update that solves this is available, you can turn the feature on again without having to see the pop-up message all the time! Slightly smiling Face

@saleaway, Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, I cannot give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. I do of course hope that the update will be available for your device very soon!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 69 of 73
Message 69 of 73

I asked the local customer service. He told me that my mobile phone can be repaired.

"This is a known behaviour that will be corrected in a new software release."??

The customer service told me that the latest version of the phone is 47.2.a.4.41.

I don't think they can fix my phone.

Learner
Message 70 of 73
Message 70 of 73

@Jeff87 wrote:

I asked the local customer service. He told me that my mobile phone can be repaired.

"This is a known behaviour that will be corrected in a new software release."??

The customer service told me that the latest version of the phone is 47.2.a.4.41.

I don't think they can fix my phone.

47.2.A.4.41 didn't help in my case.

But I have got finally 47.2.A.6.30 yesterday, and Smart backlight does not crash since then.

So maybe there is a hope Slightly smiling Face

Regards

Tomasz