account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Smart backlight control since last update

SOLVED
Commissioner
Message 21 of 73
Message 21 of 73

Re: Backlight control app anomaly

@Jonas, will it be fixed soon?

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Learner
Message 22 of 73
Message 22 of 73

Re: Smart Backlight Control Keeps stopping

Same here. Renders the phone almost unusable as pops up roughly every 5 seconds and requires a restart. Very very frustrating.

One time poster
Message 23 of 73
Message 23 of 73

Re: Problem with intelligent control of lighting after updating Android 9.0

Thanks! Yeah my smart backlight kept giving me crap after the pie update too. 

Apprentice
Message 24 of 73
Message 24 of 73

This is really frustrating when I'm gaming on any of games I have this makes the game unplayable and it effectively sabotages the game. I've lost games online because of this. It seems very random when happens. And this has been happening on Android 8 and now 9 update. Please come up with a solution soon! I've tried the following

1. Force Stop 

2. Turning off intelligent lighting control.

3. Disabling notifications

And nothing seems to work.Dizzy Face

Rookie
Message 25 of 73
Message 25 of 73

After 2 weeks of Android 9.0, I finally got annoyed enough to search if others were experiencing the sames issue. As others have stated, the error only occurs when the phone is charging. 

Without really looking into it, I had assumed that it was related to the auto-brightness setting, but I finally located the setting where it describes a feature that will prevent the screen going to sleep while holding the phone in your hand. I don't really feel like I'd be losing much functionality if it comes down to turning off the setting to avoid the constant error messages.

Apprentice
Message 26 of 73
Message 26 of 73

Willing to give that a try but I haven't found what exactly talking about in settings menu?Smirking Face See screen shot and please break down how you got to at sesetting.

Screenshot_20181218-160602.png

@Poit57 wrote:

After 2 weeks of Android 9.0, I finally got annoyed enough to search if others were experiencing the sames issue. As others have stated, the error only occurs when the phone is charging. 

Without really looking into it, I had assumed that it was related to the auto-brightness setting, but I finally located the setting where it describes a feature that will prevent the screen going to sleep while holding the phone in your hand. I don't really feel like I'd be losing much functionality if it comes down to turning off the setting to avoid the constant error messages.

Pioneer
Message 27 of 73
Message 27 of 73

@B200;

As I already stated in previous post, try before charging going to settings>display>advanced>smart backlight control>turn off (disable). You can turn it on after charging.

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 28 of 73
Message 28 of 73

But as you may now, this is not a sulution. Solution is fix... And so far no answer from support members at all.

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
Pioneer
Message 29 of 73
Message 29 of 73

@mrnino;

I never said it was a permanent solution but in fact a provisory one until Sony fixes the issue (I hope) in future updates.

Anyway my answer was specific to @B200.

Apprentice
Message 30 of 73
Message 30 of 73

As I stated in my previous post I've only done this to no avail. See screenshot. Screenshot_20181218-172335.png