account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Smart backlight control since last update

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 3 of 73
Message 3 of 73

Smart backlight control since last update

Since my last update I've seen a barrage of notifications to tell me that the smart backlight control isn't working. I've tried various different ways to stop this as it's every few seconds (no exaggeration is less than every 15 seconds in between each message)

I can't disable the smart backlight in the app settings and tried force stopping it for it only to happen instantly. I've turned off the auto adjusting backlight within the display options too but it's still happening 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 42 of 73
Message 42 of 73

Re: Smart backlight control since last update

Hello everyone and I'm really sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

You might experience that the Smart backlight control does not work or keeps stopping. This is a known behaviour that will be corrected in a new software release.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

72 REPLIES 72
One time poster
Message 1 of 73
Message 1 of 73

Smart backlight display error after updating to Android Pie

I am updating software Pie 9 after updating smart backlight display error

Message 2 of 73
Message 2 of 73

Re: Smart backlight display error after updating to Android Pie

@0609go to Settings > Display > Advanced > Smart backlight control and toggle it off and back on.

Apprentice
Message 4 of 73
Message 4 of 73

I was able to deactivate smart back light, but anyway the feature does not work with the latest update.

Visitor
Message 5 of 73
Message 5 of 73

I had this too. Goto settings - display - advanced - backlight, there you can turn it off

One time poster
Message 6 of 73
Message 6 of 73

Glad I'm not the only one with the same issue ever since the update which was carried out today also keep having a message saying something about U I not working whatever that means 

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 73
Message 7 of 73

me too - very annoying

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 8 of 73
Message 8 of 73

So, does anybody know how to solve this issue? "Settings - display - advanced..." doesn't work. I have this annoying message when  use phone with Google maps by driving. My wife - in the reading time in the bus. In my opinion, it is connected with some sensors, maybe accelerometer.

But where is support team? 

Rookie
Message 9 of 73
Message 9 of 73

I'm having the same issue but it's only when my phone is on charge. The pop ups are literally every 3-5 seconds. Ahh! I will try the suggestions that have been mentioned and hopefully this helps. 

One time poster
Message 10 of 73
Message 10 of 73

Re: Phone crash meltdown XZ Premium

Same here, the Smart Backlight Control app keeps crashing after updated my XZP to Android 9.