account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Sending/receiving photos via sms

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Sending/receiving photos via sms

Hi all, just wondering if anyone else has been having issues with the quality of photos sent and received via sms/mms? My photos are being reduced in quality (almost vga)  when sending. Any suggestions on how to fix would be fantastic. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Re: Sending/receiving photos via sms

@najodleglejszy wrote:

@Kritlcr you can always email it. there are tons of instant messenger apps available on Play Store, and they won't compress the photos as much as MMS does (I'm not sure which  ones send  photos completely uncompressed though) - Hangouts, Signal, Whatsapp, Telegram, Riot...

As @najodleglejszy said @Kritlcr, you're going to need to look at one of the messaging services out there...

A lot of those applications require minimal registration though - often just a telephone number. And they're super-easy to use - basically like an Internet-based version of text messages, but because they're Internet-based, you can send pretty much everything.

Just ask your friends if they use Wire, Signal, Telegram, Hangouts, Whatsapp, Riot or any other messaging services; then register with the appropriate one... Or pick one and then ask your friends to install the same application (I personally recommend Wire - my whole family uses it).

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@KritlcrMMS size is very limited (usually to 300-600 kB, depending on the carrier), so the photos need to be compressed before sending.

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks. Is there anything you can recommend to send the full quality pictures not via mms or any Facebook related as Im not a user. 

Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@Kritlcr you can always email it. there are tons of instant messenger apps available on Play Store, and they won't compress the photos as much as MMS does (I'm not sure which  ones send  photos completely uncompressed though) - Hangouts, Signal, Whatsapp, Telegram, Riot...

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

@najodleglejszy wrote:

As @najodleglejszy said @Kritlcr, you're going to need to look at one of the messaging services out there...

A lot of those applications require minimal registration though - often just a telephone number. And they're super-easy to use - basically like an Internet-based version of text messages, but because they're Internet-based, you can send pretty much everything.

Just ask your friends if they use Wire, Signal, Telegram, Hangouts, Whatsapp, Riot or any other messaging services; then register with the appropriate one... Or pick one and then ask your friends to install the same application (I personally recommend Wire - my whole family uses it).

• I can't help you if you don't tell me what mobile device you're using & what version of Android it is running, in English (you can use Google Translate - http://translate.google.com).
  • The more information you can give me, the easier I can help you!
  •  Please kudo this post if you think it has been helpful; or mark it as the "solution" if it fixed your problem, so that other users facing the same issue can find the solution!