account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Screen turns off when making a phone call

SOLVED
One time poster
Message 21 of 32
Message 21 of 32

Re: New Phone

Hi iv just had my phone back from having the screen fixed and now every time I make a call the screen turns off iv tried doing the sensor test to see if the ear sensor works but it doesn't it works for everything else just not one the ear sensor test the onlyway I can end a call is if th other person puts the phone down other wise I'm stuff on the call leaving voice mails and so on 

Visitor
Message 22 of 32
Message 22 of 32

My phone screen turns off during calls even without a screen protector. 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 23 of 32
Message 23 of 32

Hi @G_G1, welcome to our forum!

The screen is supposed to turn off during a call and when you take it away from the ear it should turn the display on, in case you need to check something in the device during the call. That is how the proximity sensor works.

Are you experiencing any unexpected behaviour during calls, or is the screen turning on when you remove the device from your ear during a call?

Let me know!

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 24 of 32
Message 24 of 32

Hello, 

I have the same troubles with my Xperia X. After running the test as mentioned above and given on the Smartphone the problem still exists. However it is not possible to see the screen at all until your counter part cancels the call. I Bad already the pleasure to remain on the Mailbox on top!

What Stall I so? 

It is the first error this Smartphone Haß.

Please Support 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 25 of 32
Message 25 of 32

Hi @Sino1985, sorry to hear about this. Slightly frowning Face

Is the sensor covered by anything, for example a screen protector? On the link below you can see where this sensor is placed on your Xperia X (number 6 in the picture)

https://support.sonymobile.com/global-en/xperiax/userguide/overview---ki/

Make sure that there is nothing covering the sensor, and you can also wipe the top of the display with a clean cloth.

Let me know if that helps! Slightly smiling Face

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Learner
Message 26 of 32
Message 26 of 32

Hey there, 

Many thanks for the mentioned points, but I've been through All the chats first After then finally starting my own question. No Foul, no Cover or similar, just the blanck screen since first Day of useing it ... I thought IT came in with the last System Update from Sony. How can I solve that issue. Extremely annoying! You cannot end calls.

Many thanks in advance. 

BR

Sinan

Sony Xperia Support
Message 27 of 32
Message 27 of 32

Hi again @Sino1985!

The next step is to see if this is caused by a downloaded application or not and to do that, you can restart your device in safe mode. Make a call in this mode, or do the ear proximity test that you can find in Settings > Support > Xperia tests > Ear proximity.

If there is no change in this mode, try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion, but remember to backup your data with the same program, as all data stored on the internal storage will be deleted when performing the repair. The software repair will reinstall the latest available software for your device, just so we can see if this is caused by the software or not.

Let me know how it goes!

Highlighted
Learner
Message 28 of 32
Message 28 of 32

Hi Jonas,

Thanks. I tried it already, reset everything, lost my Apps etc. But IT is still not working. I have to send IT to the wardware support am afraid. Did all checks I read in here and further. The problem remains...

Best regards 

Sinan 

Sony Xperia Support
Message 29 of 32
Message 29 of 32

Hi again @Sino1985 and sorry to hear that there was no change. Slightly frowning Face

Hopefully everything will work after the device has been repaired and feel to keep me updated!

One time poster
Message 30 of 32
Message 30 of 32

My phone still do it no protecter