account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

SLOW MOTION - MANUAL FOCUS to macro shot !!!!!

Regular
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

SLOW MOTION - MANUAL FOCUS to macro shot !!!!!

Anyone who tried macro slow motion shot (mostly insects):

We very need manual focus of slow motion mode !!!
Why is not default, basicly function ???
Slowmotion macro shot is incredible hardcore without this function (well, 0,2s shot and 1/1000 shutter isnt easy, but this is HW specification, we know).

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: SLOW MOTION - MANUAL FOCUS to macro shot !!!!!

Try this one: turn to manual Mode and turn Focus into manual and closest possible. Put your phone next to a bee or a fly or anything you want to catch with macro shot ant try to find the proper distance, then turn fast from manual mode into movie mode switching between them.  If you won't move the phone, it will use focus point from a manual mode in movie mode. This is something I found useful when collecting macro movies. Strange although that there is no possibility to simply click into manual focus in movie mode. Others phones have it. Came on Sony! 

Regular
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

This dont work, because record of Slow motion video need 2x swipe from Manual camera to Video mode and next 2-3x touch to capture slow motion. After this process are every flying insects. I prefer prefocus on my watch and fast move to object, but this is also bad solution.  I HATE SONY. 

One time poster
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

Hi Sony

We need Manual focus in HiSpeed mode please.

i am sure its possible with firmware upgrade.

Thanks

Adviser
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Do not hate Sony for what they ve did. Just ask politely for modification. As for me the manual Mode-manual focus to movie mode combo works just fine but the truth is you won't catch every little being on every plant doing it this way. Still you could stick with these or just hate. 

One time poster
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Hi there, I have a Sony Xperia 1 and I also think the "click to focus" must be in the slow motion shot as basic function. I'm trying to shot a video about something really close to me but the camera focus on something that is on the left and behind. How is it possible?? The "click and focus" on the screen is a basic  function and a basic experience I enjoy in so many other phones even cheper than my Sony Xperia 1! ... iphone (€ 799), HTC U Ultra (€ 499). I cannot believe the slow motion is a so bad experience on Sony!