account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Remote shutter Xperia XZ Premium

SOLVED
Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Remote shutter Xperia XZ Premium

Hi,   Can you use a earphone set with volume control to trigger the shutter on the camera? If not will one of these bluetooth gadgets do it?

Cheers, Peter.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Remote shutter Xperia XZ Premium

@PeterNeville wrote:

Hi,   Can you use a earphone set with volume control to trigger the shutter on the camera? If not will one of these bluetooth gadgets do it?

Cheers, Peter.

Yes with Sony SBH56 Bluetooth headset  can remote shutter camera but not with wired headset.

Also possible with Sony smartband , u can trigger camera picture and video..just has to use it's associated apps.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

@PeterNeville wrote:

Cheers, Peter.

Yes with Sony SBH56 Bluetooth headset  can remote shutter camera but not with wired headset.

Also possible with Sony smartband , u can trigger camera picture and video..just has to use it's associated apps.

Learner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Thank you  mahesh911  that's great. I'm going to try some astrophotography and need to trigger the shutter without disturbing the phone camera/telescope set up. You could I suppose use the delay timer but it would be easier to use the smartband and tap it to trigger the shutter.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Just for the record and for anyone else wanting to do the same thing with older Sony phones. Apparently the new Xperia 1 allows third party apps to access the camera facilities more.  Sony phones have for some while come with NFC. Now this is a very underated feature and if you are willing to learn a bit about NFC tags you will see that you can do extra things with your phone. However, unless you are a full blown Android programmer you are relient on using NFC tag apps to program the tags in order for them to work. This naturally leaves you in the hands of the app programmer as to what features you can use. Most of them have a wide library of commands and by combining several you can achieve quite a lot. BTW the commands are in plain language such as "open media raise volume", "Open URL" etc.

So with this mind after going through quite a few different apps I found one which to my delight did just what I wanted. That is :- Open camera, take photo, save photo, close camera.  The down side to this was that the facility was an extra feature which required in app purchase!!! Well I tried it much against my better judgement. The upside is that it works. The bring the NFC tag very close to the phone back and hey presto it takes the photo, saves it and closes. The downside, well I've already made a payment but then I looked at the saved photo. Well I'm being generous here, crap. The photo is heavily cropped in comparison to the preview, even worse it's washed out and out of focus.  In fairness to the developer I've e-mailed them in the vain hope they correct it.