account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reduced battery life after update to oreo

Highlighted
Learner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Reduced battery life after update to oreo

Hi! I bought my xz premium a week ago and now I have decided to pass to oreo. Unfortunatly I discovered that the supposed battery life went from a predicted 16 hours or more to a mere 12 hours, and that's after a full charging battery. Did someone else find this problem or I am the only one? 

6 REPLIES
Enthusiast
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Reduced battery life after update to oreo

Yes we have, welcome to the family 😐

BIG difference in battery time

Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

If you go to your settings - > battery then click on the three dots and then select consuming apps.

See which app is using the most battery.  As you can see I'm getting over 24hrs from my Xperia xz premium with Android 8.

Screenshot_20171205-071644.png

Screenshot_20171205-071654.png

Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I can't really complain about battery life on Oreo. I'm getting up to 8 hours of screen on time.

Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Good suggestion from LoveMonkeyGod!

If you cannot identify the issue...probably a third party app not playing well under Oreo...then try a factory repair using Xperia Companion on your PC.

Yes, it is a pain and will make you set everything up again from scratch, but it may just fix your issues. Do not do a factory reset from the phone as it is not the same as a repair from your PC. The repair installs all new software.

Commissioner
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@StanleyKubrick

Yeah I tried that but it's definitely something that's wrong with Oreo.

I did software repair then I DID NOT INSTALL ANY ADDITIONAL APPS and left the phone for 8h without touching it. Same drain on idle as with apps (4-5%) so it's definitely Oreo fault as on Nougat it was more like 1-2%.

It's not a rouge app, it's Oreo as on Nougat the battery was much better for both idle and active use....

Adviser
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Ive got the same issue. My battery used to last almost 2 days on average usage but 1 and half day with full on usage. (Normal tasks). But now after the update my battery is only like under a day... Appauling. I need to charge it twice a day now. Not happy sony😢