account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Message 11 of 482
Message 11 of 482

Re: Is apps on microsd slower?

@Svenskaz01 wrote:

Does moving apps to microsd have would cause a performance drop instead of it being resided in the internal storage? (which is UFS 2.1)? 

It will load slower, yes.

The fastest sd is still no match for UFS memory 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 12 of 482
Message 12 of 482

Daydream Support??

Well i was hoping to get a new sony xperia xz premium but than I heard that it has lcd display while for daydream a phone should have oled display.

So here are my questions: 

Q1) Does it support daydream or will be able to?

Q2) I am a huge sony products fan and it would be awesome if sony releases its own vr headset for phones. So is there any chance of it happening?

Message 13 of 482
Message 13 of 482

Re: Daydream Support??

Q1, no

Q2, who knows, they certainly are in the vr market with PSVR, so never say never.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

One time poster
Message 14 of 482
Message 14 of 482

Is Protection by my Xperia gone in this new XZ Premium?

So i have just got my ned XZ Premium, changing from my old Xperia Z3+(with android 7) where i did have My Xperia protection activated... But when i got this new phone i can't find the app my xperia protection any longer. So is it gone totaly?  I can't find it anywhere on my phone or in googleplay store. 

Message 15 of 482
Message 15 of 482

Re: Is Protection by my Xperia gone in this new XZ Premium?

@mk85 wrote:

So i have just got my ned XZ Premium, changing from my old Xperia Z3+(with android 7) where i did have My Xperia protection activated... But when i got this new phone i can't find the app my xperia protection any longer. So is it gone totaly?  I can't find it anywhere on my phone or in googleplay store. 

yeah it's gone, but you can use Android Device Manager which does pretty much the same thing https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.adm

Regular
Message 16 of 482
Message 16 of 482

Double tap function

Is the double tap function coming back? i also would like to request sony to bring back their own world clock. Both functions are what i use the most on sony lineup of phones.

Message 17 of 482
Message 17 of 482

Re: Double tap function

@tainted wrote:

Is the double tap function coming back? i also would like to request sony to bring back their own world clock. Both functions are what i use the most on sony lineup of phones.

At the present time, there are no plans to bring back tap to wake, but who knows if they will bring it back, demand does seem to be there.

As for world clock, I never used it so didn't even notice it gone tbh, you could probably search Google for the apk and get it loaded manually.

Learner
Message 18 of 482
Message 18 of 482

Re: Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium! - Be rewarded for helping out

Anyone get any recommendations as to the best memory card to stick in it, I'm mainly interested in storage of photos and video as I shoot so something fast (and I undestand max 256GB)

Message 19 of 482
Message 19 of 482

Re: Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium! - Be rewarded for helping out

@BHBloke wrote:

Anyone get any recommendations as to the best memory card to stick in it, I'm mainly interested in storage of photos and video as I shoot so something fast (and I undestand max 256GB)

any major brand (SanDisk, Samsung and so on) should be fine. just check the storage speed before purchasing.

Apprentice
Message 20 of 482
Message 20 of 482

I cant seem to get the predictive capture working on my XZ Premium. Tried shooting both fast & slow moving objects under auto mode but none of them triggers the predictive capture. Anyone has this issue?