Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.
It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.
2018-07-16 03:49 PM
The phone sometimes getting slow after new update 47.1.A.12.235. I didn't facing this in previous update.
2018-07-30 08:00 AM
I have a new XZ premium and am loving it so far. However, I have found that the touch screen seems hypersensitve. I've checked to see if it is on glove mode, but its not. And I did the diagnostic tool.
Anyway, my question - Is there a setting that you can change to decrease the sensitivty of the screen?
2018-08-13 01:54 AM
As an avid user and fan of Xperia smartphones previously owning the Xperia U, M, Z, Z2 and lastly the Z3 compact i mostly had a really good experience with your phones also recommending them to everyone i know. Starting with the Z3 Compact though i had both software and hardware issues and i was really disspointed that a flagship phone can be so bad. Fast forward to 2018 i decided to give Xperia another shot and i went for the XZ Premium which supposedly was the last year best from Sony. Now i dont know if time didn't move at all for Sony but some issues that I had with the Z3 Compact are still in 2018 with XZ Premium, how is this even possible? We have Android 8 Oreo a lot of things should be improved by now, features and customization options should be added and annoying stuff should be removed but everything is exactly the other way around. How is it possible that we are in 2018 and a phone that used to cost 800 euros does not have some simple options that you can find in a entry level phone like night mode and double tap to wake?. Having paid 500 euros for this phone i thought a lot of times to return it just for those simple annoying things but i do like the hardware and the camera so the software things can and should be fixed. I saw that Android 9 Pie is in the works and maybe you could take a look at this list of things that you can fix. Thank you.
- Please add night mode.
- Please add tap to wake/sleep (and let us decide to enable/disable this).
- Please fix stamina mode, power saving and time preferred modes make the phone really laggy.
- Please make an option to remove the clock from the lockscreen, i wanna see my wallpaper as it is and not being in a shade.
- Please move down the "clear all" button for the apps, its a big phone and it'll be better postioned down.
- PLease make an option to remove that annoying stamina mode notification from the drop down menu.
- PLease make the sound louder in the headphones. It is really low even though im not a fan of loud volume.
- Sometimes I'm having issues with the wireless and network signal, its really bad compared to my last phone which was Redmi Note 4x, hope its just my unit.
2018-08-13 07:43 AM - edited 2018-08-13 07:44 AM
1. the phone is laggy in Stamina mode because it downlocks the CPU in otder to squeeze out as much battery life as possible. you can adjust Stamina mode level in Settings > Battery > STAMINA mode > STAMINA level in order to reduce performance impact (but you'll save less battery that way). it's not really meant to be used all the time, it's more of a low battery mode.
2. "clear all" button isn't easily accessible on purpose. you're not supposed to close all apps most of the time (it won't improve your battery life anyway).
3. headphone volume heavily depends on the headphones that you use and their specs (impedance), so different people will have different experience in that regard. my Sennheisers can go fairly loud with this phone, for example.
2018-08-13 12:23 PM
Thanks for the reply, I know what stamina mode is doing but what's the point of having those options if they make your phone really laggy and kinda useless? and what if i prefer to use that option all the time to save the battery and not having to charge the phone too often? how come other smartphones have such an option and it works a lot better? I'm not sure that filling up your phone with apps and keeping them all open and running all the time will be easy on your battery, but the placement of that option is not one of my big complaints though.. still it will be nice to have it in a better location no matter how many times i use it. I had the headphone issue on my Z3 Compact aswell and even though i managed to root my phone and tweak it by myself, i dont understand why this is stil an issue nowadays, fun thing is that i also have a pair of Sennheiser headphone and could be just me but the sound is too low. But again, what if i don't have my Sennheiser headphones with me all the time? why should this be a problem?
2018-08-13 12:38 PM
@uuuweeenot sure about how other manufacturers implement battery saver mode, since I don't have any experience with other brands. but by default, Stamina mode kicks in when the battery drops to 15%, and that's for a reason - as I've said before, it's meant to be used as a low battery mode for when you're running low on battery and have no way to charge your phone yet, so you don't mind a performance drop if it means that the phone doesn't die on you.
and unless apps are misbehaving or running some heavy task, they use negligible amount of power when they're in the background. forcing the app to close and then opening it from scratch can actually use more processing power (and thus more battery) than letting it enter low power state in the background and wait for you to launch it again.
2018-08-13 12:46 PM
najodleglejszy Ok, well, even if this is as per Sony philosophy somehow, and lets say i can live with it, there are still bigger issues like, night mode, tap to wake/sleep and the headphone volume.
2018-08-14 08:36 PM
@uuuweeei can´t agree with you.
In my opinion, the things you listet can´t be considered "bigger issues" since these are just featuers a hand full of people want but aren´t necessary.
- night mode can be added in less than 5 min (googling included) without root as a system setting.
- Headphones get loud enough for me. I´m using Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO (250 Ohm), Beyerdynamic Custom One (90 Ohm) and Beyerdynamic DX 120 iE (47 Ohm). If the max volume was higher, it would feel uncomfortable for me. (it´s hard to fix your hearing after beeing damaged from permanent high volume)
- Don´t get why so many people want DT2W/S. Had mostly negative experince with bad battery life.
2018-08-15 12:11 PM
Hi Tuerkay ,
Thanks for the reply, i am working on a pc all day and i do have issues with my sleep so night mode it is really important on my smartphone as well, i know i can use some 3rd party app or google it as you said but why do i have to go to this length for a brand new smartphone that i paid a lot of money? it is a smartphone it should have all these features included, i thought this was the norm. Of course there's people who don't need it, good for them they can just disable it but i need it so i will enable it. The sound is also debatable since there's a lot of different people who have different preferences, but if you dont need more volume just lower it and i'll adjust it for my liking, but i cant do that since it too **bleep** low! (pun intended). Regarding the DT2W/S i mostly use DT2W since i dont like to pick my phone too often to quickly check something plus it prolongs the life of the power button/fingerprint scanner, but most of all it is just a convenient feature which again if you don't like just disable it and let me use it.
2018-08-18 07:50 AM
I would like a line out audio connector, connecting to the usb-c, I don't mean a usb dac. Is the headphone sound coloured for headphones? How genuine and non pcm converted is the dsd sound output?