account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

One time poster
Message 271 of 497
Message 271 of 497

Re: Q: Out of the box, what Apps are displayed in full 4K?

Dobrý den.Kde najdu v Xperia XZ Premium rozlišení obrazovky. DĚKUJI. 

Hello. Where can I find the Xperia XZ Premium screen resolution. THANK YOU.

GT

Sony Xperia Support
Message 272 of 497
Message 272 of 497

Re: Q: Out of the box, what Apps are displayed in full 4K?

Hi @zdema38! The screen resolution is specified in the white paper on page 6:
https://www-support-downloads.sonymobile.com/g8141/whitepaper_EN_G8141_4.pdf

Quote:

Resolution
4K 2160 x 3840 pixels

Let me know if that answers your quesiton! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Message 273 of 497
Message 273 of 497
Moved:

Re: Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

This post has been moved to a more relevant topic. You can find the new location by clicking the link located above.

One time poster
Message 274 of 497
Message 274 of 497

Hi all,

I recently bought a xperia xz premium. It have some trouble  when I returned to an app. It is like sensitive area is translated one inch above the correct position. I have android 8.0.0. Nobody encountered this kind of problem?

Regards, 

Regular
Message 275 of 497
Message 275 of 497

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Been using Xperia V, Z5 Premium Dual Pink, XZ Silver. Now I'm going to buy this phone, but still really I'm unsure about my choice being right. 

Just installing good hardware into the phone in 2018 won't do a thing! People who want hardware, will go get a Xiaomi phone, and it'll cost them way less.

Especially if it's so hard to get the most of it with the proper software. IMX400, right?

Come on, where are all the features we liked Sony for? Double tap to wake, out-of-box screen recording, mini apps... Where are the features everyone expects Sony to implement? RAW format support. Better software algorithms for camera. Come on, with the biggest and the best sensor Sony results, after all, in worst pics in auto mode.

Come on, it's cool that we get to be the first to experience Oreo, but what good is it if it lacks the features we all long for???

Adept
Message 276 of 497
Message 276 of 497

I use my phones mainly for calls, emails and some youtube, browsing. 

My question is:

Should I buy the XZ Premium or buy an XA2 and an L2 (for the same price) 

I mean, will the phone behave nice after 1 year? 2 if you add when was launched.

Thank you. 

Message 277 of 497
Message 277 of 497

@Aeternvm the XZ Premium has got a more powerful processor and more RAM than XA and L line, so it's much more likely to still be a capable phone after a year or two than midrange phones. 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 278 of 497
Message 278 of 497

Thank you, I will wait until the XA2 and L2 launch in Europe. Indeed it is more likely to hold for a while. 

Hope the XZ Premium drops a bit in EU, if so I will buy one.

Best regards! 

Inhabitant
Message 279 of 497
Message 279 of 497

If i get my XZP  damaged underwanter when taking pictures/videos or slow mo will the waranty cover it?

Message 280 of 497
Message 280 of 497

@FragmentVisionfrom the XZ Premium page (https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-xz-premium/design/):

"Xperia™ XZ Premium is water resistant and protected against dust, so don’t worry if you get caught in the rain or want to wash off dirt under a tap water, but remember all ports and attached covers should be firmly closed. You should not put the device completely underwater; or expose it to seawater, salt water, chlorinated water or liquids such as drinks. Abuse and improper use of device will invalidate warranty."