account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Message 51 of 493
Message 51 of 493

Re: Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

@Alias908 wrote:

Hiya, i was wanting to buy the dual sim version: G8142, but I'm concerned it will not work in the USA if I travel there? It's quad band so should work right?

Thanks

It will work in USA,

Many of our users with the phone are from the States.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 52 of 493
Message 52 of 493

@Ramto_8 wrote:

How does the headphone automatic optimisation detect the kind of headphone plugged in ? Thinking Face

Detect the power drawn by the headphone ?

It does take some time to activate so does that mean that the phone "listen" to the headphone or analyse the music being played ?

Interestingly, it works by using the headphone as a microphone at the same time, this way it detects exactly what is audible through the headphone and optimises the sound to fit into that range.

This is why it takes a while to activate too, it needs a large range to Base it's results on. The better the range, the quicker it detects.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.

Adviser
Message 53 of 493
Message 53 of 493

@viridis wrote:

@Ramto_8 wrote:

How does the headphone automatic optimisation detect the kind of headphone plugged in ? Thinking Face

Detect the power drawn by the headphone ?

It does take some time to activate so does that mean that the phone "listen" to the headphone or analyse the music being played ?

Interestingly, it works by using the headphone as a microphone at the same time, this way it detects exactly what is audible through the headphone and optimises the sound to fit into that range.

This is why it takes a while to activate too, it needs a large range to Base it's results on. The better the range, the quicker it detects.

Mmm interesting, so that means that i need to activate it while playing a song with lots of variations so that the optimizer can properly detect the headphone characteristics. If thats the case then maybe a pre-defined test audio with all variations should have been used.

Somehow strange that it can actually record from the headphone with no microphone but from what i found online it can be done! https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-use-earphones-as-a-microphone Thinking Face

Is it best to have my headphone/earphone on me for the detection to work best ? (depends on shape of ear canal..)

Enthusiast
Message 54 of 493
Message 54 of 493

1. Does the XZP have glove mode? 

2. Does it have the smart call handling? (shake to reject a call, place at ear to answer or flip the phone to mute the call)

3. Does it have the Mono sound option, in the Accesibility options?

4.Is the Object tracking good? (My sisters XA takes a bit blurry pics when tracking fast moving objects, and on my Z5 its horrible.)

Message 55 of 493
Message 55 of 493

@Lazaros_K wrote:

1. Does the XZP have glove mode? 

2. Does it have the smart call handling? (shake to reject a call, place at ear to answer or flip the phone to mute the call)

3. Does it have the Mono sound option, in the Accesibility options?

4.Is the Object tracking good? (My sisters XA takes a bit blurry pics when tracking fast moving objects, and on my Z5 its horrible.)

1. yes

2. yes

3. yes

4. haven't tested the camera yet, but I would think it's probably been improved over Z5 and XA, seeing as Z5 is an over year old device, and XA is a midrange phone.

Highlighted
Message 56 of 493
Message 56 of 493

4. It's better by far, but best results will still be using predictive capture instead, that way should it be blurry, you have others to choose from which won't be.

Visitor
Message 57 of 493
Message 57 of 493

Question about MicroUSB flash drive

Can I use the USM32SA1 (32 GB flash drive with Type A &microUSB by SONY) with Xperia ZX Premium by using an microUSB to Type-C adapter?

Enthusiast
Message 58 of 493
Message 58 of 493

What happens when you have the adaptive-smart charging on and charge the phone via the Quick Charger 3.0 provided with the XZP? Does it charge normaly? Does it charge faster and stop at 90%?

Adviser
Message 59 of 493
Message 59 of 493

Any chance we get tap to wake even at an experimental level?  With the NA model not having a finger printer sensor it'd e nice to be able to wake the screen without always pressing the power button.

One time poster
Message 60 of 493
Message 60 of 493

Battery Care (Live in Germany)

Hi,

after a few days the "Battery Care" (live in Europe) started when i charged the phone at night. Saying somethin like: "Battery Care : Fully charged at around 5am" (I usualy charge the phone  when in bed: 10pm to 6 am). It worked perfect. Now i had one week holiday and the charging time changed. (Went to Bed to different times) After 5 days, i returned to regular charging 10 - 6. But now, the Battery Care dosnt start anymore. I charged from 10 to 6 now for the last 7 days. Any suggestions?