account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Forum Legend
Message 41 of 497
Message 41 of 497

Re: Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

@Alias908: https://developer.sonymobile.com/downloads/whitepapers/xperia-xz-premium-g8141-white-paper/

see page 17

________________________________________________________________________________
The Man! The Myth! The Forum Legend! -Scott Sterling
Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 42 of 497
Message 42 of 497

Why does my xz premium comes with a tiny scratch on the top left.Do you think I could return and get a new one?

Sony Xperia Support
Message 43 of 497
Message 43 of 497

Hi @Muhd_iqmal, I am sorry to say that different markets have different routines, so I am not sure how the situation looks for you locally. My recommendation is that if you are concerned over the scratch, that you get in touch with your Local support as well as the retailer in order to raise the concern so that they can assist you! Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

One time poster
Message 44 of 497
Message 44 of 497

Hello everyone. I got a simple yet big question: how do I send a group message within Messages app? When I respond to a group message, individual messages are sent to each person in the group. I know there's a setting to fix this in the advanced section of the settings menu within the Messages app but not in the version used by XZP. 

Learner
Message 45 of 497
Message 45 of 497

Hi, just got my XZ Premium and suddenly found a bug.

Do not disturb's automatic rules not deactivated as it should be.  I prefer to set Do not disturb to automatically activated at 22.00 to silence all notification and deactivated at 6.00.  After set up the rule, it's activated Do not disturb at 22.00 but not deactivated at 6.00 as it should. Try to set up new rule for 2 minutes and still not working. I've never found this issue with other android phone included Xperia XZs. Hope it'll be fixed in next update

Learner
Message 46 of 497
Message 46 of 497

Can you please include the Wi-Fi Calling as standarts in the Customised UK (generic) firmware...

In the UK, I have a Chrome unlocked XZ Premium with an EE sim card and can't turn on the WiFi calling feature... (my modem config tells me that I have a Telefonica configuration???? yet I am using the phone on EE...).

The wifi calling setting are not enabled in the standard firmware (not in the Setting-> More-> Wifi calling menu). I would rather prefer to avoid having to flash an EE firmware in order to be able to turn it on!

Many other brand (Apple, Samsung, Microsoft, HTC etc) include the WiFi Calling setting in their generic country firmware. It works on unlocked phone out of the box, why not Sony???

Tony.

Message 47 of 497
Message 47 of 497

Just stop using the built in texting app and use Textra and all your problems will be solved.

Apprentice
Message 48 of 497
Message 48 of 497

Hello!

I am wondering how many rubber seals are there in the sim/sd card tray because i recently found a rubber seal lying around on my floor and I checked if it was my xz premium and it is the size of the tray,Its a thin one and I think it came off when I was installing my sim card and sd card in or maybe it does not belong there? I am very curious.

Adviser
Message 49 of 497
Message 49 of 497

How does the headphone automatic optimisation detect the kind of headphone plugged in ? Thinking Face

Detect the power drawn by the headphone ?

It does take some time to activate so does that mean that the phone "listen" to the headphone or analyse the music being played ?

Learner
Message 50 of 497
Message 50 of 497

Hiya, i was wanting to buy the dual sim version: G8142, but I'm concerned it will not work in the USA if I travel there? It's quad band so should work right?

Thanks