account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Message 21 of 499
Message 21 of 499

Re: Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium! - Be rewarded for helping out

The camera will learn the scene first within first few seconds. Then you'll start to see the camera briefly stutter for a millisecond, it's at that point it's started predicting.

If all is focused well and exposed correctly, it should then give the "select the best" option for that capture.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Enthusiast
Message 22 of 499
Message 22 of 499

Re: Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium! - Be rewarded for helping out

Try this. Launch this video fullscreen https://youtu.be/qvE2miLMbNk?t=1m29s . Take the picture at the moment when the car is driving through the gate. Around 1:31-1:32. Camera should detect fast movement and make several shots, it worked for me several times, without failure. You know it's predicted when there is an icon of 4 rectangles on the photo.

Three dangerous cars escape from jail and steal gold from the bank. The police are determined to catch them! Sergeant Cooper the Police Car is determined to catch Zack the Race Car no matter what. (Scene from Sergeant Cooper the Police Car, Part 2) THANK YOU FOR WATCHING! Follow us on Facebook ...
Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 23 of 499
Message 23 of 499

Still waiting for my quick reply now my quick question has disappeared xz premium plus may be launched before I find out why a single scratch on a phone has invalidated my warranty on a manafacturing defect the question was relevant because I wanted to know if this applies to the xz premium as well?

Enthusiast
Message 24 of 499
Message 24 of 499

Is there anything that works?

I'm assuming SMS & calls work what features are currently working on the xz premium without any hitches?

Sony Xperia Developer
Message 25 of 499
Message 25 of 499

Hi Jacke, this thread was meant for a type of questions that can be answered easily by other XZ Premium users. I can see that you posted about your Z5 and to keep the forum on topic, a friendly moderator moved it to a more relevant thread where I see that you also got an answer there. I think you understand how keeping discussions on topic and avoiding cross-posting helps everyone find the information they want.

With the new question phrased about XZ Premium I'll try to give a short answer for the general question here, in case other people are looking for the answer.

a single scratch on a phone has invalidated my warranty on a manafacturing defect

The warranty regulations are different in different countries and regions so it's not possible to give an exact, simple answer. For this reason, asking you to contact a local support center does seem like a fair instruction. In general, the warranty will compensate for manufacturing defects, but a specific examination of the device may be needed. If there is a case where you disagree with the handling of an errand in local support, please escalate to Sony with details on what happened. 

what features are currently working on the xz premium

As for your second question, there are plenty of features to enjoy in this product. There is no complete list, but for examples please refer to https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/phones/xperia-xz-premium/

Sony Xperia Support
Message 26 of 499
Message 26 of 499

Re: Q: Out of the box, what Apps are displayed in full 4K?

Hi again @RoboticBot!

I have received some more information regarding which apps are displayed in 4K "Out of the box", and as a developer mentioned previously, these are currently YouTube, Album and Amazon Prime Video.

Feel free to let me know if you got any follow up questions, or anything else which you may be wondering about. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

KPW
Adviser
Message 27 of 499
Message 27 of 499

Xperia XZ P - Setting enabling keeping the screen alive beyond the 30 min Sleep Timer

Hello,

I'd appreciate if anyone can advise ...  I like to use a device as a music source in conjunction with a PC and to have it connected by USB for file transfer and charging.

While 'docked' in this way I'd like the ability to keep the XZ P screen lit, but cannot see an option to extend the Sleep time-out beyond the 30 mins ( Settings | Display | Sleep ).

Does anyone know of a way to achieve this please ?

Many thanks,

Regards,

Kevin

.....   and of course, inspiration strikes 30 secs after posting....

It's under Developer Options | Stay Awake (Screen will never sleep while charging - Toggle button)

(Via Settings | About Phone; press seven times to activate Developer Options if not already done so)

Hope perhaps will be of use to someone else Smiling Face with open mouth & closed Eyes

Apprentice
Message 28 of 499
Message 28 of 499

Re: Quick questions, quick replies; ask anything about the XZ Premium!

Hey guys just got a new xperia xz premium so far so good but the problem is i can't find any option to record usual 720p@120 fps video which earlier used to be under timeshift video app.  There is no such app in the camera menu and i can't even install extra camera apps which i used to do with my xperia z3 and z5. 

And anyone facing serious quality issues while recording 960fps videos? 

Message 29 of 499
Message 29 of 499

what quality issues are you experiencing while recording in 960fps? remember it requires very good lighting, preferably natural one. artificial lighting will cause the video to flicker.
Sony Xperia Support
Message 30 of 499
Message 30 of 499

Hi @AdnanK588

The option to records slow motion in 120fps can be found by starting the Camera app > Swipe to the video mode > Tap the Slow motion button (right next to the record button in the centre) > Menu > Slow motion mode > Slow motion. Were you able to find it? Slightly smiling Face 

In regards to quality while recording in 960fps, do you mean that it turns out dark or rough with noise? Since the XZ Premium records in 960fps, it means that the exposure time is extremely short. There are some general advice which I can offer in order for you to take advantage of the camera's full hardware capability.

Try to record the movie outside, where natural sunlight makes the lighting conditions better. If you are indoors, try to record the movie as close as possible to a bright source of light. If you experience flickering, try to avoid lighting that flickers such as LED light or incandescent illumination (avoid fluorescent lighting).

Does that help? Slightly smiling Face 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.