account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

[Q] XZ premium brightness issue i need help

Pioneer
Message 11 of 20
Message 11 of 20

Re: [Q] XZ premium brightness issue i need help

@LionK;

If fresh out of a software repair with Xperia Companion you have the same problem I think you should contact your local support team to get your device hardware looked at as @uliwooly said.

Adept
Message 12 of 20
Message 12 of 20

Brightness issue aside, does your screen still get more contrast and bright under direct sunlight after the. 119 update? 

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 13 of 20
Message 13 of 20

@LionK;

I am already with the .179 update, but to be honest I never noted a difference of contrast or brightness between updates under direct sunlight, it normally goes to max, but that's a result of the adaptive brightness working (I use it always on).

Adept
Message 14 of 20
Message 14 of 20

No i understand the brightness goes to max

But under sunlight its suppose to be even more clear than max, more clear(washed out colors) but super bright and contrasty, some people reportes it as a bug but i actually found it very useful but its not working any more

Pioneer
Message 15 of 20
Message 15 of 20

@LionK;

Ha, I know what you mean, it happened to me probably only 3 or 4 times (sporadically) and some updates ago but I always saw that as a bug and a restart always solved that issue. It never appeared to me again after some update ago (don't remember each one). The same thing also happened rarely to my Z5.

Message 16 of 20
Message 16 of 20

@NunoSEN2 FYI it's not a bug, it's an actual feature from Qualcomm, called Assertive Display https://www.qualcomm.com/news/onq/2015/02/20/assertive-display-power-efficient-technology-thats-easy...

Pioneer
Message 17 of 20
Message 17 of 20

Hi @najodleglejszy;

Thanks for the heads up, but in my case I don't think is the assertive display because it only happend a few times since I had the phone, nevertheless I use it everyday in direct sunlight, and when that happened even after I took the phone of the direct sunlight the change in coulors doesn't go way, the only solution was to restart the phone. And another thing, after some update it never happened again.

And when that happened some coulors were completely washed out, specially the greys, didn't improve in any way the visibility in my opinion (and didn't looked like the example of the link). That's why I tought of it like a bug.

Message 18 of 20
Message 18 of 20

@NunoSEN2

@NunoSEN2 wrote:

And when that happened some coulors were completely washed out, specially the greys

yup, that sounds like Assertive Display Slightly smiling Face perhaps some update in the past has disabled it because it was inconsistent for some users? no idea.

Adept
Message 19 of 20
Message 19 of 20

Mine never had a problem with this feature, under the sun is super contrasty and automatically returns to normal in indoors i really loved that feature

Adept
Message 20 of 20
Message 20 of 20

@NunoSEN2

yes but thats not my problem, for instance, I be gaming sniper 3d or soccer games, on max brightness all of the sudden brightness gets little lower abour 60-70% (while slider is on max) i try to slide down and up and I notice, brightness doesnt get brighter after 70% in the slide bar it stays the same, i try to lower it from 100% and untill i get to 70% it stays the same, under 70% it starts to get dimmer...

this happens mostly when device is heated, i never noticed that happening when its cool so I thought its a software thing but it makes no sense ...