account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Problems with apps installing

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Problems with apps installing

I noticed a few times that apps don't install straight away. A couple of times I've gone to install something via the Google Play store and the download will either stop half way through, or just stop once downloaded, but not install.

One app, I had to cancel and try reinstall several times before it would complete.

PicsArt_08-02-05.41.26.jpg

Error checking:

- Internet connection is fine.

- System resources are available. I'm doing little-to-nothing else while trying to install.

- No other apps are trying to install at this time.

- No other apps are updating at this time.

- No other downloads are occurring at this time. (Requested or background downloads).

3 REPLIES 3
Adviser
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problems with apps installing

PicsArt_08-04-07.24.22.pngMakes my feet sad Slightly frowning Face

Halp?

Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

@Jukebox461 these apps are usually the one in queue to be installed.

Try to clear data for google play store app, you can do that by going into settings - apps and notifications, look for play store and select storage tab.

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Adviser
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Yeah, I can see they're "in a que". I only expected one app to install at a time. The problem is, and I realise you can't tell this from a still picture, but they remain like that indefinitely. They're not even installing one-by-one. Then, I look at my phone later that night and they're installed?! The thing is I just want them installed when I ask them to. Moving into a new phone is hard enough as it is, and I need apps that didn't successfully transfer from the old device, or apps that I haven't used before.

Like TripView. It tells me where my bus is and when it's due. I was at a bus stop waiting past it's due time. Went to download and install TripView. It's less than 8MB! Didn't install till way after that.

I've had other problems as well. I don't know if there's a way to search posts by user name.