account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Problem with display

Talent
Message 31 of 42
Message 31 of 42

Re: Problem with display

I'm just telling the truth and i see why you are so Mad ..

=============

OP:what you are seeing is the digitizer look at this picture older xperia phone had this issue too...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9IzoYJfJR2JNlV3RUVxcUdkdFU/view?usp=drivesdk

As you can see this is digitizer not subpixel arrangements...

Some people here trying to hide the issue from you ...(be aware!)

Message 32 of 42
Message 32 of 42

@Thelastofus wrote:

I'm just telling the truth and i see why you are so Mad ..

=============

OP:what you are 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9IzoYJfJR2JNlV3RUVxcUdkdFU/view?usp=drivesdk

As you can see this is digitizer not subpixel arrangements...

Some people here trying to hide the issue from you ...(be aware!)

The thing in your photo and the thing im complaining about arent the the same thing. 

Talent
Message 33 of 42
Message 33 of 42

Yeah this picture is xperia z3 plus and it has different digitizer so it's not the same as xzp ..the cause of this issue is digitizer ...if your screen is pixelated on every picture and movie that you're watching ..

Inhabitant
Message 34 of 42
Message 34 of 42

@Elicotterista wrote:

@rayvin400 wrote:

Yes, i have the same issue one mine. I see pixels on googles browser really badly. It only look good in 4k. I think this is just becuase there are so many pixels that aren't being used right when the display is in 1080 resoultion. 

But I can see it in the same way when I'm viewing 4k images in the gallery in images the have light colours for example in a pic with the skie. Is it same for u or in 4k mode is everything OK? 

I can see what look like pixels in 4k -but here they add to the sharpness of the videos in 4k. However in Googles browser they look awful and make things look like its a phone from 2007.

Highlighted
Learner
Message 35 of 42
Message 35 of 42

i tried very hard to see the pixels, until i see jpg compression artifact, but no pixels in sight.

taken using z5premium, not the sharpest macro camera.

xzpremium-screenJPG.JPG

Message 36 of 42
Message 36 of 42

I saw 2 others xz premium and they all' hve this "feature" . Im sorry cuz i loved this phone but its unacceptable. The display looks like directly come out from 2007. For 720 euros i dont wanna se the pixel grid or the pixel pattern or whatever it is. I sent it back and toke back ma money. R.I.P.  XZ premium 

Enthusiast
Message 37 of 42
Message 37 of 42

I can also see the "pixel grid" (or whatever this is) on bright colors (white, neon green, sky blue...). So the display doesnt look like a 4k display. My 1080p iphone display looks much sharper...

What is this what we can see?

Adept
Message 38 of 42
Message 38 of 42

Is it you mean like can see every single dot on screen ? My old Z2 and XZ Premium also have. I already used to it.

Enthusiast
Message 39 of 42
Message 39 of 42

I dont think you can see every dot, but it looks like the combination of the dots look like grey lines.

You only can see this on bright colors (white for example) and with full brightness.
It looks like this:

http://de.tinypic.com/view.php?pic=flk5cp&s=9

Adept
Message 40 of 42
Message 40 of 42

Was this replaced by Sony?