account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with RGBC-IR and ToF sensor not reading and laser focus after 8.0 update

SOLVED
Learner
Message 51 of 83
Message 51 of 83

When did we expect the next update patch for Android 8.0

RGBC-IR and ToF sensor not reading and laser focus after 8.0 update with SONY Xperia XZ Premium (G8142)

One time poster
Message 52 of 83
Message 52 of 83

Re: When did we expect the next update patch for Android 8.0

I have the same problems. I have Xperia XZ Premium Dual Sim version. Last update was my RGBC-IR and ToF sensor broken. I have only -1 on mz display. What`s now?

Message 53 of 83
Message 53 of 83

Re: Where can I download soft G8142 45.0.A.7.137-R5A CE1? (downgrade from Oreo)

Even me want to downgrade to old version, at least  it was working smoothly. sick on this  now.

Inhabitant
Message 54 of 83
Message 54 of 83

Re: Where can I download soft G8142 45.0.A.7.137-R5A CE1? (downgrade from Oreo)

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 55 of 83
Message 55 of 83

Re: Problem with RGBC-IR and ToF sensor not reading and laser focus after 8.0 update

Hi Everyone,

You may have noticed that the camera on your Xperia XZ Premium Dual SIM doesn't behave according to specifications after the update to Android 8.0 (software build 47.1.A.3.254).

This is due to a software configuration related to the RGBC-IR and ToF sensors used by the camera. When these sensors don't work correctly, pictures taken under specific lighting/colour conditions will be affected. Results include slower auto focus and effects on colour rendition.

This has been solved in an updated software version that is scheduled for release in November, 2017. However, please note that Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, I am not able to give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

sony_sign_logo.png - Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums make sure that you have read our Discussion guidelines.
If you want to get in touch with the local support team for your country please visit our contact page.

Learner
Message 56 of 83
Message 56 of 83

Re: Problem with RGBC-IR and ToF sensor not reading and laser focus after 8.0 update

Glad to hear that. Hope the interface of dialog will be upgraded to the Android 8.0.

Learner
Message 57 of 83
Message 57 of 83

And hope that update will fix a problem with light sensor. When I upgraded to oreo, light sensor is very sensitive. 

Adviser
Message 58 of 83
Message 58 of 83

Emir wrote:

Hi Everyone,

You may have noticed that the camera on your Xperia XZ Premium Dual SIM doesn't behave according to specifications after the update to Android 8.0 (software build 47.1.A.3.254).

This is due to a software configuration related to the RGBC-IR and ToF sensors used by the camera. When these sensors don't work correctly, pictures taken under specific lighting/colour conditions will be affected. Results include slower auto focus and effects on colour rendition.

This has been solved in an updated software version that is scheduled for release in November, 2017. However, please note that Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, I am not able to give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

Thanks for your reply.

Please allow me to ask another two questions that many XZP users care about.

1. Could we get the new style dailer app in November update? 

2. Many users feel that the adaptive brightness became too much sensitive in Oreo. Could that be adjusted?

Inhabitant
Message 59 of 83
Message 59 of 83

Don't forget the display flash in the selfie camera. 

Message 60 of 83
Message 60 of 83

Hi, i have XZ Premium with France Frimware. Dies not exist SMS Delivery report option in Default Android messaging, i flashed other frimwares. Taiwan and France and Generic Latin American Frimware does not SMS Delivery report option. Thailand and malaysia and Hong Kong And MEA and others have SMS Delivery report Correctly.

Please resolved this problem to France and Taiwan and Generic Latin America Frimware.