account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problem with RGBC-IR and ToF sensor not reading and laser focus after 8.0 update

SOLVED
Inhabitant
Message 31 of 83
Message 31 of 83

Re: Problem with RGBC-IR and ToF sensor not reading and laser focus after 8.0 update

G8141 here, CE1 Customization, version 47. 1.A.3. 254. No problem here, the sensors are working as they should. I cleared the cache by hard resetting the phone before testing though, so I don't know if they worked before that, only that they work now. 

Message 32 of 83
Message 32 of 83

Re: Problem with RGBC-IR and ToF sensor not reading and laser focus after 8.0 update

any updates from sony on these issues or silent? 

Message 33 of 83
Message 33 of 83

@angrysonyfan

A little patience, the update landed just 2 days ago. If you have the same issue just report it with some details like your phone model/variant and software customization, this way you can be more helpful towards the issue.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Message 34 of 83
Message 34 of 83

@Quester wrote:

@angrysonyfan

A little patience, the update landed just 2 days ago. If you have the same issue just report it with some details like your phone model/variant and software customization, this way you can be more helpful towards the issue.

i mean to say sony software team aware of this. hw i can hv  patience  before  camera distortion and now poor camera  focus. this u what u get with premium devices? 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 35 of 83
Message 35 of 83

I have same issue after use xperia compnion software repair.

G8142(Customized HK)

Inhabitant
Message 36 of 83
Message 36 of 83

mine too not working

dual sim G8142

Visitor
Message 37 of 83
Message 37 of 83

Dual sim G8142

CE1 customization

Not working after Oreo update. 

Learner
Message 38 of 83
Message 38 of 83

Yes, no problem on Single SiM Version, but on Dual SIM all users have this same problems. Could Sony to fix quickly this problem please?

Inhabitant
Message 39 of 83
Message 39 of 83

Yeah, same issue here on G8142. THis bug and adaptive brightness are only two annoying things in Oreo. Generally it is great experience and I find it even snappier than Nougat. Only getting used to new Settings will take some time, but it is fine for me Slightly smiling Face

Inhabitant
Message 40 of 83
Message 40 of 83

Seems to be a problem to All Duel SIM Oreo

I have the same problem.