account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with RGBC-IR and ToF sensor not reading and laser focus after 8.0 update

SOLVED
Highlighted
Adviser
Message 16 of 83
Message 16 of 83

Problem with RGBC-IR and ToF sensor not reading and laser focus after 8.0 update

[UPDATE] This bug has been FIXED since SONY's November 2017 firmware update (47.1.A.5.51). 

RGBC-IR and ToF sensors seem to get some bugs after 8.0 update (47.1.A.3.254) on XZ Premium.

Can NOT fix it with Xperia Companion.

According to users' replies, it seems that only the G8142 model with dual SIM got affected.

The G8141 model with single SIM are fine.

Please fix it soon. 

131617nixajaiw0vb6p1i6.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sony Xperia Support
Message 55 of 83
Message 55 of 83

Re: Problem with RGBC-IR and ToF sensor not reading and laser focus after 8.0 update

Hi Everyone,

You may have noticed that the camera on your Xperia XZ Premium Dual SIM doesn't behave according to specifications after the update to Android 8.0 (software build 47.1.A.3.254).

This is due to a software configuration related to the RGBC-IR and ToF sensors used by the camera. When these sensors don't work correctly, pictures taken under specific lighting/colour conditions will be affected. Results include slower auto focus and effects on colour rendition.

This has been solved in an updated software version that is scheduled for release in November, 2017. However, please note that Software updates are released at different times depending on the operator, market, region or country. Therefore, I am not able to give you an exact date for when a specific update will be available for your device. In addition, network operators and specific markets may choose not to use the updates for specific models.

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

82 REPLIES
Pioneer
Message 1 of 83
Message 1 of 83

Re: Problem with RGBC-IR and ToF sensor not reading and laser focus after 8.0 update

I have the same problem

One time poster
Message 2 of 83
Message 2 of 83

I have that issue too. 

Inhabitant
Message 3 of 83
Message 3 of 83

update the video for more detail

at the end of video, i have show laser focus of my old LG G4
Inhabitant
Message 4 of 83
Message 4 of 83

I have the same. I think it's for all oreo users right now

Message 5 of 83
Message 5 of 83

mine too not working... hope it get fixed soon

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 83
Message 6 of 83

My firmware version is 47.1.A.3.254-R2B - Customized VN. Saw it when reflash by Software repair of Xperia Companion.

My friends who own an XZ premium got the same problem as me. I think this happen because 8.0 software update not fully optimized. Beside lacking of ToF sensor (Laser focus) making 3D Creator app not focus properly. Leaving object blurry.

Hope they will fix this soon in next patch.

Inhabitant
Message 7 of 83
Message 7 of 83

I can't confirm that this happens for all Oreo users.

For me the sensors are working fine.

I'm on 

1309-2157Telekom.de DE47.1.A.3.254

Updated OTA this morning

Model is G8141 (single SIM)

Screenshot_20171026-104809.pngScreenshot_20171026-104825.png

Only thing I did after the update was clearing the cache.

Hold volume up + power button until the phone turns off. 

Keep holding until the phone vibrates 3 times shortly.

Then release and restart the phone. Not sure if this has 

anything to do with it, but that's actually the only thing 

I did after the update. But I didn't check the sensors before that.

Message 8 of 83
Message 8 of 83

to people who experience this issue, is your XZP single or dual SIM variant?

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 83
Message 9 of 83

I have dual sim variant