account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Problem with Placement of XP Premium in lineup

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Problem with Placement of XP Premium in lineup

I am confused. I know the Premium came out months ago but it is advertised as the head of the lineup. Still I saw that images are better in color and light and even it has APTX HD which the Premium does not have as well. How is that? Is the premium old now and I have to switch to smaller phones to have the real premium deal?

3 REPLIES 3
Talent
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: Problem with Placement of XP Premium in lineup

The Premium line so far has been kind of a side line for the 4k phones from Sony (only containing the Z5 Premium and XZ Premium)

The "main" Flagship line seem to be XZ -> XZ1 and maybe there'll be a XZ2 Premium or XZ3 premium one day but I guess not even Sony knows by now. 

Highlighted
Adept
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Aptx hd will be available for XZ premium in oreo update. Oreo update will have number of Bluetooth codecs like LDAC(currently available only in xperia flagships) , aptx hd for non-sony devices too. 

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

The XZ Premium is the Z5 Premium of the Z5 family, the XZ1 is the Z5 and XZ1C is the Z5C.  

In the Oreo update the XZ Premium will get everything that's new from the XZ1.