account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Problem after pie update, volume up not working

Visitor
Message 41 of 51
Message 41 of 51

Re: Xperia XZ Premium, system.ui and volume and power button issues after Android 9 update

Ich habe genau das gleiche Problem wie Du  nach dem Update ging zuerst die Lautstärke nicht mehr zu regeln über den Taster  Dann kam der fingersensor  und jetzt der an aus Knopf komplett . Werkreset und reperatur Software gemacht. nix bringt etwas. Kann nur noch über Kameraaktievierung das Display entsperren

I have exactly the same problem as you after the update went first the volume no longer to control over the button Then came the finger sensor and now the on off button completely. Factory reset and repair software made. nothing brings anything. Can only unlock the camera via camera action

gt

Message 42 of 51
Message 42 of 51

Re: Xperia XZ Premium, system.ui and volume and power button issues after Android 9 update

Can you say it again please but in English 

@Hansimann wrote:

Ich habe genau das gleiche Problem wie Du  nach dem Update ging zuerst die Lautstärke nicht mehr zu regeln über den Taster  Dann kam der fingersensor  und jetzt der an aus Knopf komplett . Werkreset und reperatur Software gemacht. nix bringt etwas. Kann nur noch über Kameraaktievierung das Display entsperren

Learner
Message 43 of 51
Message 43 of 51

I had to send mine back for repair, however the phone still fails to pop/notify when a phone call is being received.

One time poster
Message 44 of 51
Message 44 of 51

Re: Problem after pie update, volume up not working

I have had the same problem. My up volume button works only half the time. I have done software repair. Factory reset. All the tips in this forum. And then finnally sent it into sony, it seems they cant even figure it out as they sent it back twice claiming ro have fixed the problem, only to have the device do the same thing out of the box. I am being set up for a third time. I love sony, but this is irritating. Im am hoping that by the third time they Just switch out the guts. Because something os wrong beyond Just a software issue. 

One time poster
Message 45 of 51
Message 45 of 51

Same since recent update Slightly frowning Face

One time poster
Message 46 of 51
Message 46 of 51

Same goes to me🤔

One time poster
Message 47 of 51
Message 47 of 51

I'm also having this issue, However, the volume down and power button have stopped working also.
I can only get into the phone by using the camera button.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 48 of 51
Message 48 of 51

Same happens to me! 

I have Xperia XZ Premium G1841 with the Israeli (IL) firmware, since I got the February security update this bug has started.. The volume up button randomly doesn't respond..

Is there anything about a fix which is coming? Sony support team, you can see by the amount of responses here that this is a widespread issue and not a specific issue in some faulty devices...

One time poster
Message 49 of 51
Message 49 of 51

I have the exact same problem as you guys. Since February security update, my volume up button doesn't work, neither does my camera button. The phone lock/unlock button works when it feels like. 

Fingerprint reader no longer works and all the options for it in settings have disappeared.

Also, I don't seem to have any haptic feedback for my on screen buttons. 

One time poster
Message 50 of 51
Message 50 of 51

Hi 

Had the same problem went into settings accessibility and turned the volume key shortcut on and off and it seems to have corrected it even after restarting my phone