account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Problem after pie update, volume up not working

Enthusiast
Message 21 of 53
Message 21 of 53

Re: Volume up does not work

Another thing.. 

The button isn't working most of the time, but when It start to working again,It work Like a charm... So It can't be an HW problem.

Pioneer
Message 22 of 53
Message 22 of 53

@Hana88;

My answer was specific to @sitfh_sitfh, not your case, in your case if you think it is a software problem I would advise a sofware repair with Xperia Companion (try first restart the phone in safe mode just to discard any third party app influence) since it will install a fresh copy of the latest software.

Let me also tell you that I have Pie installed in my phone with same firmware and have no problem with volume up button.

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 23 of 53
Message 23 of 53

I've already done a sw repair with companion and nothing change.

I tryed to use volume up At the beginning without anything installed and nothing change 

Pioneer
Message 24 of 53
Message 24 of 53

@Hana88;

That is really odd, I would suspect really an hardware faillure, maybe some bad connection.

Anyway, if your phone is under warranty and you can't solve the problem, even being a software problem, you should contact local Sony Support Team to get your device looked at.

Enthusiast
Message 25 of 53
Message 25 of 53

Yeah but you can understand that Not anyone have another Phone to use in waiting for the repair  

In my country (italy) i have to wait 2 or more weeks for having back my Phone from repair 

In this case i Will wait for new sony xz4 and then send this Phone on repair. 

But i hope you can understand my anger when i had a Perfect Phone,, and after an update, i have this problem.

Pioneer
Message 26 of 53
Message 26 of 53

Yes @Hana88;

I understand perfectly your problem. Maybe as you say wait for a new software update and hope that it can solve your problem, it's also very strange but I have seen in this forum people with similar problems that get miraculously solved with new updates.

One time poster
Message 27 of 53
Message 27 of 53

Re: My sound button will not work

My xperia is doing exactly the same thing. It is also restarting itself about 5-6 times a day... . Really annoying for a so called flagship phone 

Enthusiast
Message 28 of 53
Message 28 of 53

I try to revert to oreo for see if the old sw could fix the problem.

Now even with oreo The button doesn't work At all. Before The update It was working Like a charm. 

I don't really know what they did with The sw

Adviser
Message 29 of 53
Message 29 of 53

any news about this?

One time poster
Message 30 of 53
Message 30 of 53

Re: Problem after pie update, volume up not working

Hi this is my problem too. I tried factory reset. The problem is still there. My device is one year old