account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Problem after Pie update: black screen on certain apps the SECOND TIME it is awaken from sleep

Adviser
Message 11 of 19
Message 11 of 19

Re: Problem after Pie update: black screen on certain apps the SECOND TIME it is awaken from sleep

its ok, i never use the fingerprint unlock and never intend to use it. I like the 10x zoom feature on the reno, and the specs are also the top. Huawei p30 pro is another option, but no sd card no stereo speakers and way too overpriced.

Message 12 of 19
Message 12 of 19

Re: Problem after Pie update: black screen on certain apps the SECOND TIME it is awaken from sleep

@khpy1azn wrote:

its ok, i never use the fingerprint unlock and never intend to use it. I like the 10x zoom feature on the reno, and the specs are also the top. Huawei p30 pro is another option, but no sd card no stereo speakers and way too overpriced.

Ok. Buy the one which u feel right for u.. there's pretty much choices there ...and almost every other manufacturers well utilising Sony IMX camera sensors.. 

Well this thread is now solved...

Highlighted
Adviser
Message 13 of 19
Message 13 of 19

Its not solved man. I just came back to my grandparents house, my aunt has exactly the same phone and i checked it ..also same problem (she has no lock screen either). I cannot believe not a single person has reported this problem before me. Sony needs to solve it asap.

Message 14 of 19
Message 14 of 19

You aren't the only one to report this problem.  It also affects the XZ1 and XZ1 compact.  It also isn't only a problem when you have an app open.  If you are on your home screen and you press the power button to turn on, then again to sleep, then again to turn on you can't swipe between screens and any widgets on the home screen, such as a clock or weather widget, won't update, yet the status bar at the top does update.  Opening an app seems to restore normal functionality.  Here are a few other threads that mention the problem.  Sony just seems to be ignoring it.

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ1-Compact/Home-Screen-frozen-after-wakeup-since-Android-9/m-...

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ-Premium/Phone-won-t-swipe-between-home-screens/m-p/1370389#...

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ1-Compact/Weird-frozen-display-glitch-after-Pie-upgrade/m-p/...

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ1/XZ1-47-2-A-45-Latest-update-problems/m-p/1363771#M6030

Adviser
Message 15 of 19
Message 15 of 19

Yes, I also just notice the stuck homescreen problem (particularly the clock) recently... But i think the black screen problem is the most annoying. Right now i use an app where the screen plays animation before turning off, and another app that lets me open this app thru pressing the camera button. In this way the camera button becomes the new power button. This tends to solve the problem...most of the time.

Message 16 of 19
Message 16 of 19

@khpy1azn wrote:

Yes, I also just notice the stuck homescreen problem (particularly the clock) recently... But i think the black screen problem is the most annoying. Right now i use an app where the screen plays animation before turning off, and another app that lets me open this app thru pressing the camera button. In this way the camera button becomes the new power button. This tends to solve the problem...most of the time.

A lockscreen swipe is the immediate solution to the problem. All these problems are with no lockscreen right. 3rd party apps has to run in background all the time ..kind of unnecessary. 

Another thing I want to ask is can u try different home application? I mean any other home app to test these problems are linked with Xperia home app? 

I know how it feels like , but alternatives, workarounds has to be used. I guess Sony is aware of this issue, but they are completely rearranging , reducing to half work force and remaining staff engaged in maintaining security patch updates..so avoidable bugs are treated minor. But think there will be a final pie update fixing all issues later ...

Adviser
Message 17 of 19
Message 17 of 19

Mahesh, you should try removing your lockscreen and see how much easier things are that way. Wasting time with a swipe screen cannot be considered as a solution. The camera button as power button is the best workaround I found...althou i assume the camera button is quite fragile. And how about the speaker problem? Are they even trying to fix that?

Also, i switched to nova launcher the first time I had this problem (if thats what you meant)..same problem.

Message 18 of 19
Message 18 of 19

@khpy1azn wrote:

Mahesh, you should try removing your lockscreen and see how much easier things are that way. Wasting time with a swipe screen cannot be considered as a solution. The camera button as power button is the best workaround I found...althou i assume the camera button is quite fragile. And how about the speaker problem? Are they even trying to fix that?

Also, i switched to nova launcher the first time I had this problem (if thats what you meant)..same problem.

Ok.. so not fault of Xperia home, I think it's a system interaction bug might be related to system ui. Same issue in all Snapdragon 835 devices of Sony I guess. 

I don't have the speaker problem... I tried covering top and bottom simultaneously , same sound.. was listening to F1 race live feed. Since it's not everybody having it, it's a question why on certain handsets. Is it related to devices manufactured in specific period or certain region, no idea.

Actually it's like no lockscreen for me.. I press power button and gets unlocked like no lock screen as fingerprint sensor detects it fast. Also I enabled location based smart lock to disable lock when iam at home, it's not accurate but works most of time. This is device which costs 50000 I no way disabling all security. 

Yes like u said the buttons are so delicate both power button and camera button. That's why iam using "ok Google" voice unlock so it turns on the screen just touch the power button without press and it's unlocked in no time. I was kind of giving feedback to Google to edit and put custom voice unlock keyword instead of less secure "ok Google" . 

I even set Norton app lock which uses fingerprint to open apps.. it has widget which it's disabled while at home and turned on while outside. Banking applications and messaging apps always needed to be secured.. u know OTP weakness..

Anyway if there is theft , we don't get device back ,but atleast no one can access anything  and if they manage to open lockscreen , wrong fingerprint readings takes selfie in Norton app lock before they plan anything else to completely ditch device. 

I have seen older people using phones without lock screen  but I never seen a single person using smartphone without a pattern lock atleast. And no iPhones I seen without a pin lock..

Well , eh the workaround of yours think it works good without any further issues. If u can mention the apps u use, then people who posted the same issues can make use of your solution for the time being also post it in their respective threads as a working workaround.

Adviser
Message 19 of 19
Message 19 of 19

Two apps...screen lock pro and button mapper (paid version). 

Seriously...lock screen is only needed if you think your device could get stolen or robbed. The chance of that is so low that its not worth having a pin or pattern lock. There was once when my little cousin wasted a huge amount of my in-game credits in the game mc5 (im f2p). He took my phone out of my bag and just randomly bought a bunch of stuff. Thats the only time when i wished i had a lockscreen. I did get those credits back later, however.