account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Portrait Selfie for Xperia XZ PREMIUM

Highlighted
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Portrait Selfie for Xperia XZ PREMIUM

Hello, Will sony give the portrait selfie feature of the XZ3 to XZ PREMIUM in future updates? Also i have heard and in videos it seems Sony put the same sensor in the XZ3 but as compared to the XZ PREMIUM the XZ3 fotos/camera is improved a lot. Is it true? If yes then why is sony doing such injustice to XZP users. The fone is just 1 year old. Its running android pie but not to the fullest like the XZ3. Please reply if sony is working on full fledge android pie update with improvements in camera low light and also day light .. And the portrait selfie feature as XZP also has the 13mp shootet at the front. Please SONY give us something to be excited and satisfied with our XPERIA FLAGSHIPS. 

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Portrait Selfie for Xperia XZ PREMIUM

Hi @sonyfanhrushi

Unfortunately, the camera tweaks that you´re referring to are exclusive of the new device. Every Xperia generation has their own.

However, with Android P, Sony gave to XZ Premium and XZ1 users the 960 fps at FHD, along with the new camera interface. I know that´s not the same, but one thing to be aware of is that the new processor powering the XZ2 and XZ3 are different from the XZ P, and that juicy power allows some of the new algorithms on the new camera. Sometimes isn´t always about software or camera hardware. 

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

So you are saying just bcoz of that snapdragon 835 chipset xzp can't run the same camera from the xz3. So how could developers at xda port that feature to XZP with root? It's a software part so they could port it to XZ PREMIUM. And Yup I appreciate that sony gave fhd super slowmo, but yeah srsly looking forward if sony could extend the slowmo time just like the s9+ which has 12secs super slowmo mode. Also except 960fps we only have one 120fps option that too in HD resolution. No 240/480fps. I dont say the 960fps is not usable but many times we need 240/480fps so that we dont care about the timing and also could extend slowmo time. Portrait Mode is a very nice feature to have so earnest request to sony to please in future updates either improve the background defocus app or allow support for google camera / port a nice proper portrait photography app. 

Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

@sonyfanhrushi

i´ll escalate your feedback Slightly smiling Face 

This is a user-based global forum. So please, write in english! By doing so, it can be well received and monitored.
If the problem is solved, mark it as a solution so others can know Grinning Face
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

So sony can give the portrait selfie app feature to their budget smartphone xperia l3 mediatek processor  but not to the xz premium snapdragon 835??  Very disappointing !!!!!!

Also there are ports which enable users to use side sense feature in rooted xz premium but sony is not willing to give it to those users. Why so mean sony? Its ok u hav done a great job in the latest flagship Xperia 1 and yes we will definitely buy it but why so injustice to our xz premium 

Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

Hi @sonyfanhrushi 

I have to say, as an XZ Premium user, that I kind of agree with you.

However, Sony gave us, with Android P, XZ2 features, such as X-Reality HDR upscaling, the new Camera UI, and the 960 fps at Full HD. Other features probably are exclusive for new devices, so users understand why they are updating to a new one. Let´s see if, at least, with any future Android P update, Sony gave us the chance to chose use gestures navigation, since it was a feature that users asked a lot.

Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

I am using the pie gesture navigation on my xz premium  Just go to xda developers search for xperia 10 launcher and install the apk. It works flawless. Thanks to xda guys for this as they atleast care, Not like sony 😅. They would never give us the updated xperia launcher officially. This is what sony is known for .  Not caring about their loyal fanbase. They can't even support a flagship xperia model for a year???? These are so basic features portrait selfie side sense are so basic features which must be given for xz premium.