account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Photo Quality

Learner
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

Photo Quality

Hi,

I've been looking at the quality of the photos this phone has been producing and i'm not convinced that all is well with the camera compared to photos on reveiw sites etc. 

I've included in the link below some examples where there is a large and very sudden change in the quality and sharpness of the photo (especially on the left hand side) 

Everything is up to date software wise and I do understand about wide angle lens distortion however like I said there is a definate change in detail in some areas compared to others. 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1vpodwfEbseD9Sat2

Any thoughts / help would be appriciated before I look to send it to sony. 

Cheers

Liam

2 REPLIES 2
Learner
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: Photo Quality

I also have the same impression, my photos have more precision with my old photos taken with nougat, with oreo the same result as you, photos with noise ...

Highlighted
Apprentice
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

Re: Photo Quality

Hey Liam,

to me the photos look fine! Slightly smiling Face
But I see what you mean by the unsteady sharpness at the left side... are you having the anti distortion feature enabled? I'm pretty sure this is a software related effect.