account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Phone wont send videos

Highlighted
One time poster
Message 1 of 10
Message 1 of 10

Phone wont send videos

Hi there, 

My phone will not send videos on anything snapchat, WhatsApp, Facebook messenger etc. No matter how short or long the video is.

Tried resetting the apps and tried to send it on WiFi and 4G and nothing. Can't find anything online either so I thought I would post on here.

9 REPLIES 9
Regular
Message 2 of 10
Message 2 of 10

Re: Phone wont send videos

I'm having the same problem on my Xperia Xz2 Compact. Everything worked well until one day, videos just stopped going through. A notification says "sending videos, tap to view conversation" - but it doesn't go away. Only when the phone is restarted does it vanish, and then I get the message "not sent" notice.

I've tried rebooting, safe mode, downloading internet settings, checking APN, updating ALL apps/software - all to no avail.

Please help!! 

Emperor
Message 3 of 10
Message 3 of 10

@Amy98  @Carlio 

are you able to send them while on WiFi? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 4 of 10
Message 4 of 10

Hey, thank you for responding! 

I've tried this on and off WiFi, and it doesn't make a difference. But one thing that does: sending unedited MMS videos. That works as long as the vids have not been effected or shortened in any way. 

However, if the phone is stuck on trying to send an edited video, it will not send raw unedited ones until it's restarted. Should I just chalk this up to buggy Messages software? 

Emperor
Message 5 of 10
Message 5 of 10

@Carlio  @Amy98 

which app are you using to edit the videos? maybe it's a format issue

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 6 of 10
Message 6 of 10

Could be! 

I'm using the native video editor on my Xperia Xz2 Compact. (When viewing a video, I click the icon that looks like a clapperboard 🎬.)

I just tested this. I sent a 20-second plus unedited video to a friend, and it went through right away. 

Regular
Message 7 of 10
Message 7 of 10

...but when I used the editor to trim it down to 8 seconds 

Regular
Message 8 of 10
Message 8 of 10

...it fails to go through (with the notification staying in place) and prevents me from sending ANY videos until I restart the phone. 

Emperor
Message 9 of 10
Message 9 of 10

@Carlio  I know that this might be a lot of work but what if you use instagram to edit a video, a copy of the edited video should be saved in the phone, then try to send it, just to see if you experience the same 

Regular
Message 10 of 10
Message 10 of 10

I did check the size of my edited videos, but in all cases they were smaller than the originals. (I didn't add effects or filters or anything; I just cropped the videos in length.) 

It's strange that a larger, unedited MMS video will automatically down-convert and send, but a shortened MMS video will lock up the phone and fail to go through.