account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Phone unlocks after not recognising finger print?

SOLVED
Rookie
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

Phone unlocks after not recognising finger print?

Hi, 

I am finding that after too many failed fingerprint scans i can unlock phone just by swipe with no pin or pattern. How can I fix?

Czeslaw

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Commissioner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Re: Phone unlocks after not recognising finger print?

Do you by any chance have trusted Smart Lock devices registered on your phone?

If so and if one of these devices is currently connected, then you will observe exactly that behavior: even if fingerprint scan fails, the phone will still unlock by a regular swipe.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Sage
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

You will have to set Screen Lock to PIN or Pattern in addition to Fingerprint Unlock.

(These settings are under <Settings>-<Lock screen & security> -<Device security> )

Commissioner
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Do you by any chance have trusted Smart Lock devices registered on your phone?

If so and if one of these devices is currently connected, then you will observe exactly that behavior: even if fingerprint scan fails, the phone will still unlock by a regular swipe.

Rookie
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Thanks I tried failing a finger print scan with the phone looking away from my face and it brought up the pattern to unlock. Problem solved!