account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Performance issues after Pie 9.0 update

Visitor
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

Performance issues after Pie 9.0 update

Hello,

Ever since the new Pie update, beside its sloppy release, I've had problems with performance of phone, mainly fluidness and camera performance. Phone now stutters often and for no reason, no matter the app. Camera is slow and when for example I'm recording 4K video or 1080p(60fps) what it shows realtime is very stuttery and laggy, and after I replay it it's all fine and normal and in previous Android versions I never had any of these problems ever. App starting and everything is still crazy fast but these random stutters are just killing the Premium out of this phone. Will there be some patch soon or some fix update that fixes most of performance issues? Does this or similar happen to you too? Factory reset or such is not an option for me, unless there is some method of refreshing OS without touching anything like through PC and Sony PC Companion or something?

13 REPLIES 13
One time poster
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: Performance issues after Pie 9.0 update

При записи видео или съёмке фотографий сохраняйте во внутренний накопитель. Может флешка слабая

When recording video or taking photos, save to internal storage. Maybe the flash drive is weak

gt

Apprentice
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

Hello, I have just bought a premium xz and just got a update. 
I also noticed som jump in the camera whaen shooting, especially in 4K.
In play instead the 4K semms ok, but the 60fps has occasional little jump

Rookie
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

In a word , this latest update was only released in Australia two days ago. my advise is DO NOT INSTALL and avoid at all costs. All my playlists from my music app have gone . An issue that I can describe as dire as I work in the media and have hundreds of original music segments that appear on TV as background music. Often I have requests for short story segments that are visualized over a phone conversation and i quickly send an email sample via my Xperia ZX premium. Not only have a I lost years of play lists but also thousands of historical text messages that were used for clients on last point of contact. You may ask yourself why didn't I have a back up? yes for starters the Xperia backup kept freezing half way through and would not work on previous Sony  Z2, Z5 and was advised by Sony  customer support in Australia that are based in New Zealand to use Google. I did that and also paid for the premium google drive and now have 100GB. Just so we are all clear I had a backup via pc companion but was over a year old.  I contacted customer support who operate from New zealand and was advised to perform another backup they suggested I purchase a new MicroSD card because there may? be an issue with the card and it could be causing the problem with the play lists. After spending $99.00 I called again to seek guidance and was advised I should do another backup on PC companion . I did that and restored the phone as directed. I now have no playlists, no historical messages and have lost all my history and ruined my life as I do not have any background from last clients for follow up communications. Sony customer care New Zealand are unless and have no idea. What makes matters worse you cannot talk to anyone outside Australia because of geo restrictions. As a professional who uses Sony equipment for television, I strongly recommend you keep away from this 9.0 update as its more a downgrade and will ruin your life and Sony does not care.. Its the worse experience of my communications life. I will be posting were ever I can to warn other unsuspecting uses of the danger.. Frustrating because you know the backup is there but the new software just wont read it. YOU SONY.  

Talent
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

I have it too. App like youtube sometimes crashing and also full phone is really slow after pie update :/

Rookie
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

I do not know have any advise for you. All I know is that Sony gets high on their own PR. they'll just read of a screen and tell you how wonderful it is. Or they may direct you to repair software via companion, if its like mine the backup will not work and you've lost all but maybe not your contacts. also some apps wont work either. Sony didnt bother to patch, more than likely the app company didn't want to pay extortion so Sony dumped them.

You can only hope Sony quietly fixes the 9.0 downgrade extensive bugs and pretends there was never a problem.

Very poor effort for a brand as huge as Sony that has a Global footprint in every Television production house around the world.

One time poster
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

Thank you for informing about your sad experience with the 9.0 Pie upgrade. I am living in the USA and was wondering about not being able to receive the update in my Xperia XZ Premium Dual SIM yet. After reading your report, I think I will skip the upgrade since my phone is working flawlessly and I am very satisfied with it they way it is. I have read a little about the 9.0Pie and frankly, I have not seen any important changes or improvement for the way I use my phone. Thanks again again and very sorry about what happened to you.

One time poster
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Well, i had thought XZ Premium was a a great phone but after update to 9.0 I changed my mind.

Wifi could not start, I have to restart the phone whenever I need to use wifi, the battery lasts haft a day and the phone is getting hot everytime.

This is the last Sony phone for me. 

Goodbye,

Enthusiast
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

My camera have same problem

Especially 4k video recording

Visitor
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

Well the problems still persist even after several updates. Camera stutters less in 4k recording but throughout the updates Album app seems to slowing down in performance, pictures take ages to load, hide, delete or move, no matter if it on SD card or Internal memory, it's the same. If i use 3rd party app everything moves, deletes, loads fine. Deleting cache only makes it worse as it then can't load stuff from SD card in ages (takes about 15-20 min to do it with option "Fix errors" in Album app). On 8.0 it was extremely fast and everything took less than 3 seconds everytime for any operation in Album app.