account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oreo update broke my xz premium

Regular
Message 1 of 16
Message 1 of 16

Oreo update broke my xz premium

To all that have the xz premium please dont install the new oreo update it effectively takes 90% of user customization and throws it out the window. 

After the update i noticed i had less control of the layout of my device, decreased battery performance, intermittant wifi disconection, lesser image quality, the home bar is now locked so in essence makes the screen smallet and to top things off i cant get rid of notifications about background apps.

I dare not use the camera as i dread to think how they screwed that up.

Sony tech support say the only way to revert back to nougat is to void my warranty even though their update screwed everything up. Take responsibility for your actions sony and give users the freedom to revert back to a working version of andriod. Your flash tools completey wrecked my computer so not only have you screwed my phone up you managed to screw my pc up too!

I shouldnt have to spend two days getting your garbage software off my devices! Your customer support is appalling too, stop fobbing off your customers with garbage and fix your mistakes

15 REPLIES
Regular
Message 2 of 16
Message 2 of 16

Re: Oreo update broke my xz premium

Oh and while im at it, stop adding so much bloatware to your devices, your whats new is about as useful as a chocolate fireguard and should be able to be disabled. You also need to improve your release notes so customers know exactly how you are going to break their devices with your updates

Message 3 of 16
Message 3 of 16

@Tsukassa

I didn't face those technical issues you mentioned when I upgraded to Oreo, but I did a clean upgrade by performing a software repair using Xperia Companion. Why don't you try it?

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Enthusiast
Message 4 of 16
Message 4 of 16

Did you see this?

A lot of people have these problems 

Who is responsible?

We trust sony

But they don't care

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 16
Message 5 of 16

I have this problems and im very angry...

If they don't care about these problems i change my brand

I spent 800$ for what?! A lot of bugs!!!

Message 6 of 16
Message 6 of 16

@Trane

That's true because most of the people will update over-the-air, and in case they had apps not optimized to work on Oreo they might get issues similar than this. Check other threads and you'll find other people saying that the update is great, speeding up their phones and prolonging battery life.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 16
Message 7 of 16

Do you have dual sim?

Enthusiast
Message 8 of 16
Message 8 of 16

You think if i repair by sony companion

My device will be ok?!

Message 9 of 16
Message 9 of 16

@Trane

You had your own thread, and I suggested that you do the repair and you accepted my solution. Now you're asking the same questions on a different thread?

YES, it should help. But wait to test before you restore all your apps.

Enthusiast
Message 10 of 16
Message 10 of 16

Dear

I did repair and i didn't get response 

I ask u again because im worry about wifi and battery problem 

I love this phone and these problems not good for everyone 

Ask u again, do you have dual sim?