account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oreo status bar notifications issue

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Oreo status bar notifications issue

As you can see on recorded video (https://youtu.be/tElSuJ4A6cw), there's from time to time issue with notifications in status bar.

Status bar shows you there're notifications, but if you pull it down they just disappear, but if you pull bar down slowly they remain shown. 

Note: in phone settings are all notifications allowed without limitation.

This is happening since first Oreo update and even latest one have not fixed it yet.

:loop; start "" %0; goto loop
6 REPLIES
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Oreo status bar notifications issue

@mrnino can you see if the same thing is happening in safe mode?

Commissioner
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

It's hard to test, because it's happening from time to time, don't know what is trigger and it's not acceptable to use phone  in safe mode e.g. for whole week just to wait till bug appears...

Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

I doubt you will have to run in safe mode for a week.

If the problem does not appear at all in safe mode then you have an APP that is causing the issue.

If the problem does appear in safe mode then a software repair may be in order.

You mention running safe mode for a week...does this mean that the issue only appears that rarely that you list a week between appearances??

A bug that only shows up once a week or so certainly sounds like a specific app is causing the problem. Do you have an app that is only being used once a week, or rarely?

Commissioner
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Yes, it happens rarely and I've notice this issue since Oreo update. I have installed only those apps which I'm using regularly. But one thing I've noticed this issue is showing up while phone is not used for a time - i was in wellness and didn't use phone for cca 8 hours... . But sometimes u don't need such long time... Btw. Oreo update was clean install (update and then software repair) and it happened immediately after notifications from Update Ceter showed up in staus bar (but sony removed screen recorder from firmware so I was not possible to record it)...

Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

I watched your video...not positive but you have one notification showing up twice called "pages manager"...not sure what this is...but the one that I think could be an issue is "Ace Screen Recorder". Personally I would delete that app and see if the problem persists or goes away. I am rather certain that one of the thrid party apps you have installed is the reason for this. Another issue is that when the status bar is "full" of notifications and they can barely fit on the screen this could also cause your issue. Hope this helps a little!

Commissioner
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Page manager are notifications from facebook page manager (if you have fanpage or something similar). And screen recorder is app to record screen (because sony doesn't support Sony's one yet) so it's normal to see it it status bar. Btw. I started recording video just aftet issue showef up, so recorder is not the trigger.