account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Oreo for Xperia XZ Premium

Enthusiast
Message 11 of 30
Message 11 of 30

Re: Oreo for Xperia XZ Premium

These are NOT bugs. Let me clarify you some things.

1. As I see it, it seems they have decided to go on a more speedy method of changing brightness, instead of changing it slowly and gradually, it will quickly adpaty it to the sorrounding to fit more to the changing enviroments.

2. This is NOT a bug. This is the new notification system of Android Oreo. Solution: Swipe the notification to the end-left, press on the settings icon, open all the settings and turn off all the notifications.

3. It is also something about Android O itself. When you turn off the developer options they dissapear from the settings menu so you have to do the process of "pressing the build number" again.

4. What it cuts exactly?..

Adept
Message 12 of 30
Message 12 of 30

Haven't received it yet in Germany, but ain't in a hurry.

Do WhatsApp Notification work with the update now and can someone confirm that the distortion issue has been "improved"?

Learner
Message 13 of 30
Message 13 of 30

you dont know what you talking about .

1. faster method of changing brightness its ok but it flickers when im in the room and the light in the room the same. and im not alone  you can see here "https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ-Premium/Display-problem/m-p/1272036#M7792"

2.did that and the option  for "apps running in background" :"urgent" -"high"-medium"-and "low" low means "no sound or visual interruption" and when i chose that i don't see message when notification bar close but when i pull it down its there.

3.developer options exists in the menu already but when i try to open it its fc (find it because my menu language on hebrew in english its ok.)
4.its cut the sentence "do not disturb" and the push button for activate it. its show only the top half of it.

Learner
Message 14 of 30
Message 14 of 30

Yes Whatsapp notification works fine and distortion is corrected.

Commissioner
Message 15 of 30
Message 15 of 30

I've tested sony smartwear, sw2,sw3, smartband 1,2 talk,  sbh52,54 and 56 all work fine with xzpremium updated to Oreo

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 16 of 30
Message 16 of 30

Has the WiFi issue been fixed in new update?

Learner
Message 17 of 30
Message 17 of 30

You don’t have the problem of phone alarm notification no longer working on the Smartband?

Mine stopped working after the update, despite activated on the Smartband as usual.

Visitor
Message 18 of 30
Message 18 of 30

Im having an issue were every time i update an app. The phone gives me  "unfortunately com.android.phone has stopped". Please help

Adviser
Message 19 of 30
Message 19 of 30

Problemlist Oreo ?

Oreo too early?

I think the update policy of Sony class.

With other manufacturers you wait forever or it never comes.

Only a pity is dealing with problems.

Where is the list of known errors.
Everyone knows that a new Android buggy is.
Now let's all look for the already known mistakes.
And going back to an old version is not easy for a layman.

Message 20 of 30
Message 20 of 30

I also have this issue "unfortunately com.android.phone has stopped" and it needs to be fixed yesterday!!! There are so many people with this bug that I find it hard to believe that this did not come up when Sony tested this update. Sony, did you even test this update at all???

I have Goggled the bug and tried every possible fix (without doing a factory reset) and nothing works.

I am sick and tired of useless updates that bring nothing of value to our tools but only bring more bugs and problems. Time for Google to STOP with the upgrades and just make what we have WORK PROPERLY! Where can one go to complain.