account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Oreo for Xperia XZ Premium

Highlighted
Commissioner
Message 1 of 30
Message 1 of 30

Oreo for Xperia XZ Premium

Hey,,

Good and happy news to say..

we have received android Oreo today and i just got the OTA update. i will update my phone on tonight.

update number is 47.1.A.3.254. you can check it on xperia firm or xperiacheck.

Screenshot_20171023-143627.png

29 REPLIES 29
Regular
Message 2 of 30
Message 2 of 30

Re: Oreo for Xperia XZ Premium

I gt the notice as well, pls do update on the outcome

Talent
Message 3 of 30
Message 3 of 30

Xperia xz premium Oreo roll out starts today

Our Android 8.0 Oreo* rollout starts from today**, with Xperia XZ Premium*** – some of the neat new features for this device include:

3D Creator – Our acclaimed 3D scanning feature first introduced with Xperia XZ1 and XZ1 Compact. It lets you scan your face, head, food or any object, rendering it as a 3D avatar or free-form image in less than 60 seconds, and makes it easy to share on social media with friends or 3D print

Predictive Capture (smile) – Never miss an unexpected 🙂 again, as Predictive Capture automatically starts buffering images when it detects a smile (even before you press the shutter button), allowing you to pick the best from a selection of up to four shots

Autofocus burst – Recognises, tracks and captures sequences of moving objects in sharp focus for blur-free action shots

Improved sound quality – Tuning improvements to the front-facing stereo speakers, and Qualcomm® aptX™ HD audio****support for high-quality sounds when using wireless headphones

App Shortcuts – Re-imagined app shortcuts, which allow easy access to actions menus by long pressing the app icon

Software rollouts are a phased process, so please check in with your local operator and watch for the notification – be sure to follow @SonyMobileNews for all the latest as it happens.

* Android is a trademark of Google Inc.; Oreo is a trademark of Mondelez International, Inc. ** Software rollouts are a phased process – timing and availability will vary by market and/or operator. Most models supported but some operator/market exceptions will apply. *** Xperia XZ Premium Rosso launches on Android 8.0 Oreo in Hong Kong, Taiwan and Middle East & Africa. Users in other markets will be able to upgrade shortly after purchase – timing and availability may vary by market and/or carrier

Veteran
Message 4 of 30
Message 4 of 30

Re: Xperia xz premium Oreo roll out starts today

Which country?

I heard they plan to roll out it in December, great if we will get it faster Slightly smiling Face 

Talent
Message 5 of 30
Message 5 of 30

That was for Japanese xz premium users

Regular
Message 6 of 30
Message 6 of 30

Update for me in malaysia

Regular
Message 7 of 30
Message 7 of 30

Hey guys, no update for G8141 yet, why??? 

Message 8 of 30
Message 8 of 30

@Aminlight

Updates are released gradually and timing will differ between markets. Unless there is an official statement from Sony, the exact timing of update to your market will not be available here or anywhere else. Keep checking periodically on Xperia Companion.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Learner
Message 9 of 30
Message 9 of 30

just update and found 4 problems that very Annoying
1 the brightness goes crazy every 2 seconds its lower and higher
2 i have two apps that i setting that will show over other apps and Operating System are notifie me for that and i do'nt find away to clear it Completely from notification bar when i pull it down its there
3 developer options fc cant open it
4 i turn on in system ui tuner do not disturb option that show with volume and it cut in half not showing well

Message 10 of 30
Message 10 of 30

After reading about all the problems people are having with the Oreo update I think I will wait to see if they come back with a bug fix before I install it. I am set for manual downloads/updates nd it is not available for me yet anyway.