account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

No icon for Google photos

Learner
Message 1 of 6
Message 1 of 6

No icon for Google photos

Hi, I have just upgraded to a XZ Premium and although I am told (from Play Store) that Google Photo is installed I cannot find the app or icon anywhere on the handset, I can only access my photos by clicking the camera icon and then the the small photo at the bottom right.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regrds, Steve.

5 REPLIES 5
Regular
Message 2 of 6
Message 2 of 6

Re: No icon for Google photos

Hi, have you tried looking for the app in Google apps folder? I kinda have the same problem too but with Xperia™ Transfer Mobile app. But I can still access into it from the Play Store so it's not much of a big deal. 

Highlighted
Sony Xperia Support
Message 3 of 6
Message 3 of 6

Hi @stpauli, welcome to the community.

That is quite strange Thinking Face Are the apps maybe sorted? 

In Apps, press the 3 dots on the top right, choose sort and sort them alphabetically. 

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Sony Xperia Developer
Message 4 of 6
Message 4 of 6

@stpauli Did you find the app yet? If not you can also look for the Album app (Sony) that has a yellow icon. That's preinstalled and the app I usually go to.

Like @EmNr said most of the Google apps are collected in a "folder" named Google. Click it to see the contents.

For the general case you can search for apps in Home. That's quite useful and you find the search bar on top if you go to the "apps grid view". From the search result you can long press the icon and drag it to a place where you want a handy shortcut next time.

Does that work for you too @EmNr? Xperia Transfer Mobile is probably not pre-installed, but I guess you installed it already, and this way you should be able to get an easier shortcut.

Learner
Message 5 of 6
Message 5 of 6

Many thanks for your kind help, it was very useful.

Kind regards, Steve.

Learner
Message 6 of 6
Message 6 of 6

Your kind help is very much appreciated.

Kind regards, Steve.