account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

No alarm or ringer sound in Do not Disturb mode

Learner
Message 1 of 4
Message 1 of 4

No alarm or ringer sound in Do not Disturb mode

Hello,

I have searched these forums and can only find one 'answer' that doesn't seem very complete or explanatory to me:

https://talk.sonymobile.com/t5/Xperia-XZ/No-sound-alert-from-MyXperia-when-the-phone-is-in-DND-mode/...

My problem is that when I put DND mode on, I get no alarm. I go to the DND settings and alarms are allowed in priority mode (the setting is on and greyed out so I can't change it). However, when the alarm activates, the screencomes on but I get no sound. I also tried allowing phone calls (as this is vital for my job) but again, wheni asked my wife to call the phone, the screen activated but i got no sound.

I work on a standby rota and have to be available day and night. When i am sleeping, I need to be able to hear alarms and calls but I don't want to hear anything else. Please provide an answer to this, as otherwise i have wasted money on what is otherwise an excellent phone.

3 REPLIES 3
Pioneer
Message 2 of 4
Message 2 of 4

Re: No alarm or ringer sound in Do not Disturb mode

Hello @ShermanDank;

I tested the DND (alarms only) mode on my XZ Premium and it works as it should,  and the alarm rings normally.

It is basic but is your alarm volume up?

Test it also in safe mode to discard any third party app. 

Highlighted
Sage
Message 3 of 4
Message 3 of 4

Works fine every morning for me as well.Smiling Face with Sunglasses

Please check that under the Do not disturb setting, the Alarms Only is highlighted. (If Total silence or Priority only is highlighted, there will be no alarm sound)

Learner
Message 4 of 4
Message 4 of 4

Sorry for the long gap in replying. I am still naving no luck. When I open Do Not Disturb, the only thing I can see is as in the picture below. I can't see where I would configure anything. I have tested it in safe mode but still no sound. Any othe suggestions are welcome. I am a long-time Android user but this is puzzling me.

Screenshot_20180417-183049.png