account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

No USB-C Video Out, Yet Capability Is There: Video Casting < 480p!

Inhabitant
Message 1 of 14
Message 1 of 14

No USB-C Video Out, Yet Capability Is There: Video Casting < 480p!

We desperately NEED high quality USB-C / MHL Video Out capability, and it is available but TURNED OFF by Sony!!!

Sony's implemented Wireless Casting feature is horrible quality - totally unusable!

Don't any of you also want / need this feature??

If you'd want even a low, 1080 resolution to your TV / monitor, you can't get it!

It is about a pathetic 480 lines AT BEST, which completely cripples this flagship phone.  This also makes the XZP output look like a joke.

If you think you'd EVER want to plug your phone's video into your HDTV or UHDTV using USB-C, then we (you) should Speak Up!  Please!!

13 REPLIES 13
Talent
Message 2 of 14
Message 2 of 14

Re: No USB-C Video Out, Yet Capability Is There: Video Casting < 480p!

Yes, please enable Displayport alt mode or what is the name of this function... Usb-c  to hdmi, please enable it Sony!

Otherwise my next smartphone will be made in Korea!

P.S. Dear Sony, we, consumers, are not that stupid as you may think! 

Talent
Message 3 of 14
Message 3 of 14

P. S. I do have a 4k hdr Sony tv

What is this, a joke? Sony is heading directly with its head towards being a chinese company! 

Talent
Message 4 of 14
Message 4 of 14

THE REASON why Sony has turned this feature off is that they want yoiu to buy their MIRROR cast hardware- which is a joke. Even Samsung does tv's also but their phones let you connect to any HDMI TV with no issues!

Please sony do something about this.

Talent
Message 5 of 14
Message 5 of 14

Up!

Sony please enable Displayport al mode! 

Talent
Message 6 of 14
Message 6 of 14

Up! 😋

OK, i understand, no drm key, no raw, no camera 2 api , no project treble, but please enable dysplayport alt mode or mhl usb-c to hdmi 

Talent
Message 7 of 14
Message 7 of 14

My questions to SONY:

Dear Sony,

Ok, you have disabled MHL and Displayport over USB C, but please answer me if there is a piece of hardware like chrome cast or miracast, or anything that XZP can stream at real QUALITY and resolution!

Or you have also locked, blocked the resolution to 480p for conecting with a device like chrome cast ultra 4k?

Please answer, Sony!

I really need to use my 4k tv in a decent way!

Talent
Message 8 of 14
Message 8 of 14

Re: My questions to SONY:

I want to buy chrome cast 4k ultra, need advice.

Highlighted
Sage
Message 9 of 14
Message 9 of 14

I think you're in the wrong forum to ask about Chromecast-products.

Other more suitable forums for those exists out there for Chromecast and all aspects of this.:smileysmileywink:

Talent
Message 10 of 14
Message 10 of 14

No, I'm not. It's just that I don't want to spend 100 EUR on chromecast, just to find later that XZP streams to it in 480p resolution, and also dropping bitrate...