account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

No App2sd?

SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Message 1 of 3

No App2sd?

Hi, I've got my phone (XZ Premium) earlier today and I just noticed that the feature App2sd isn't included.

Has it been removed or am I just looking wrong? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

Re: App2sd

it's been already removed in earlier Sony models (like the X). SD cards are pretty finicky when it comes to running apps from them, as it usually results in poorer performance, so I guess the feature has been discontinued in order to save people frustration with what would appear as "laggy phone".

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Message 2 of 3

it's been already removed in earlier Sony models (like the X). SD cards are pretty finicky when it comes to running apps from them, as it usually results in poorer performance, so I guess the feature has been discontinued in order to save people frustration with what would appear as "laggy phone".

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Adept
Message 3 of 3
Message 3 of 3

If I remember correctly, it wasn't Sony's decision to remove it,

but Google's decision to remove it in Android 7.

Nevertheless from my experience so far, I'd say Android 7 has much better 

memory management than 6 had and seems to automatically move app data 

to SD (if possible). But I'm not 100% sure about that. At least it "feels" like that.