account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

New update. 47.2.A.2.33

wox
One time poster
Message 11 of 18
Message 11 of 18

Re: New update. 47.2.A.2.33

OpenVPN Connect doesn't work anymore, connection breaks down every three seconds.

Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 12 of 18
Message 12 of 18

Battery consumption is about 20% higher. Earlier I could last out nearly 2 days - from full charge to 4% in about 1 day 22 hrs. Now after disconnecting from full charge state it predicts 1 day 12-13 hrs. I will be closely monitoring for next 2 weeks and see if it stabilizes.

Visitor
Message 13 of 18
Message 13 of 18

😂 Exactly what happened to me, pops up every minute lol. And had issues with my Samsung apps strange. 

Message 14 of 18
Message 14 of 18

So nothing good then. The last update broke my headphone auto-detect, does anyone know if this is repaired with this update? as I have found a workaround (Lesser AudioSwitch from Google Play Store) and am relucatant to meddle with it.

@AB_71 anything to report on the battery consumption front? thanks

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 15 of 18
Message 15 of 18

@imustbepsychik - Battery consumption remained high - higher by 25-30%. But we have a new patch today - 47.2.A.4.41 - and while it is too early to comment, based on battery usage & consumption/drain for last 1+ hour, it looks better. Have posted a separate thread with patch number.

Rookie
Message 16 of 18
Message 16 of 18

Do not update, it will ruin your life. I lost everything  Do not trust this update  Sony support do not know what they they are doing and will not be be able to help you as they did with me. The backup did not work that I was instructed to do. The back up that was done months before did not work either..the software is full of bugs. Playlists  text messages ringtone all gone. 

Learner
Message 17 of 18
Message 17 of 18

I've updated my phone to the newest software and the flashlight has stopped working and the camera has stopped working. Called Sony and they said it looks like it's a software problem, and to just wait until the next update comes out to fix it.

One time poster
Message 18 of 18
Message 18 of 18

I encountered the same isssue, thanks for you advice, but I still connect to my SONY WF-SP700 headset