account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

NFC Issues on XZ Premium

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

NFC Issues on XZ Premium

Tried reboot so safe mode. And it didn't work

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Apprentice
Message 11 of 15
Message 11 of 15

Re: NFC Issues on XZ Premium

Hey guys, sorry for late reply. I decided to send in to Service Center to fix it and changed my NFC chip. Now is working normally.

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

What issues are we talking about here? Come on people provide more information. 

Apprentice
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

So i'm trying to use NFC scan my Xperia NFC tag. I turned on the NFC but it just won't scan the tag and other NFC compatible device.

Genius
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

If the symbol for NFC is visible on the top of the homescreen there should not be a problem, do you have a case fitted that could be interfering perhaps, or try it in Safe Mode & see if it works.......let us know how you get on please 

Apprentice
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

Hi guys, so i just repair my phone with Xperia Companion and the NFC works

Sony Xperia Support
Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

Hi @Froyo_Xperia, I am happy to hear that! Feel free to let me know should you want further assistance. Slightly smiling Face

Official Sony Xperia Support Staff

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

To get in touch with your local support team, please visit our contact page.

Apprentice
Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Hi guys, after install some apps and my NFC doesn't work again. Tried booting into safe mode and use it, and it still doesn't work. Cleared data for NFC Service and NFC Extension

Sony Xperia Support
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

That sounds strange. Could you let me know what accessory or device it is that you are trying to pair using NFC with your Xperia XZ Premium? If you use any type of cover or case, have you tried removing it so that it does not interfere with the NFC sensor?

If you're new to our forums, make sure that you've read our Discussion guidelines.

Apprentice
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Tried removing case and it still doesn't work. The accessory i'm trying to scan is Xperia SmartTag and SRS-X5. Nothing happen when i try to scan them.

Sony Xperia Support
Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

Do you make sure the NFC sensors are in direct contact, or do you keep them at a distance? Also, when you noticed this happened, was it right after installing some specific app or service that you can recall?

In addition, does it not react at all to the NFC tag, or does the phone give you a message that there was an NFC error?