account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My phone charges extremely slow

Learner
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

My phone charges extremely slow

My phone start having this issue since the day before yesterday,the ampere jumps between 50mA-500mA,and I use the original charger and cable from the box and I've tried it on my XZ it works fine,what's wrong with my phone?Screenshot_20190409-213350.pngScreenshot of the ampere metre

4 REPLIES 4
Emperor
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: My phone charges extremely slow

@Marius412 

test a different wall charger

test a different usb cable

test the phone in safe mode 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Learner
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply

But I 've already test it with different charger and cable and it still happening in safe mode

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@Marius412 

You could repair the phone with XC and report back.

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Regular
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

Same thing was happening with me until my xz premium almost gave up its is a motherboard related problem and I do not know what exactly is the problem but I have done everything replaced the charging port tested cables chargers nothing it just the beginning your phone will almost stop charging after sometime but there is a fix but it won't help you completely fix the problem since you are going to lose your device very soon try applying pressure at the bottom from the front and back where usb port is and let me know, but if your phone is under warrenty and you have sony support centre in your country take your device to them.