account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

My phone can be unlocked without ask any pin or fingerprint ! (bug)

Inhabitant
Message 11 of 23
Message 11 of 23

Re: My phone can be unlocked without ask any pin or fingerprint ! (bug)

I think I know what is the problem and I am not joking. The phone actually reads your fingerprint so fast you don't actually see the lockscreen at all. It happens to me sometimes also. If you wanna test this, disable your fingerprint unlocking for a day or two and see if this happens again. If yes, well we have a problem.

Also check if the locking time of the screen after you closed it isn't too high. But it's probably what I said above.

Enthusiast
Message 12 of 23
Message 12 of 23

Yeah I was thinking the possibility of your second writing and that is more possible.I am using an app for app locking and that may cause that issue but stilI I have to investigate it further.I wanna try safe mode but issue does not occur frequently or often,it happens really rarely(usually 1 time in a day).In the end if I still can not find any solution I will perform a factory reset

Enthusiast
Message 13 of 23
Message 13 of 23

@Artyomska you have written while I replying the previous message.That is actually impossible because two days ago my friend took the phone and he was able to open the phone.Then he asked me 'how could I open that phone' and asked that If I have fingerprint security/pin or not.(His fingerprint is not saved also) I mean phone is REALLY skips the lockscreen completely

Highlighted
Inhabitant
Message 14 of 23
Message 14 of 23

Well this is a pretty big problem then :/
Have you checked your timeout until the phone locks itself though? 
If you friend unlocked the phone right after it was "locked" by you maybe it's that. If he/she unlocked it after a long time from the last lock, then I expect some response from Sony also (and maybe that happened to me also then :/ )

Enthusiast
Message 15 of 23
Message 15 of 23

1 min screen inactivity time for sleep,5 sec locks after screen off and power button locks instantly.When he took the phone,phone was also locked.That's why I'm waiting for a Sony developer or authorized person.Last thing to do is performing a factory reset I think.I do not even know if that is a software issue,though.

Message 16 of 23
Message 16 of 23

Well, it almost has to be a software issue. The only hardware issue would be something miss-wired, or solderd impoperly. So it appears as if some piece of software is making the phone think it is unlocked when in fact it should not be. Don't do a factory reset...do a software repair....it will not just wipe the phone like a factory reset does but it will install a fresh copy of all the software/drivers etc., etc.

The pain is the same but try this and let us know the results!

Enthusiast
Message 17 of 23
Message 17 of 23

When I'll go home,I will do that and let you all know the results.Nevertheless,I deleted all fingerprints (disabled at the same time) and trying with this way from now on.l

Maybe that can be a solution who knows.If it works,until I do the software repair I may keep the fingerprint disabled.It won't be a big problem for me.

Enthusiast
Message 18 of 23
Message 18 of 23

Looks like the problem was happening because of the fingerprint lock option.I've not been using fingerprint for 2-3 days and never skipped the lockscreen.I think there is a bug about locking fingerprint but for all that,I'm gonna use f.p because it's much much easier than pin lock.Phone may be opened by a stranger fortuitously in the future but I'm feeling lucky Grinning Face Still,I'm still thinking that I'm the only one who is facing this issue in this forum

Commissioner
Message 19 of 23
Message 19 of 23

Have you enabled Smart Lock that can automatically unlock the phoen when at a particular place, close to a specified unit, etc? 

If yes, this could explain that the phone is automatically opened without fingerprint.

Enthusiast
Message 20 of 23
Message 20 of 23

As I explained in my 2-3 previous replies,my smart lock feature is completely disabled.No possibility to happening because of smart lock