account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up cart mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mobile World Congress 2019

Sonys Press conference from MWC took place end of February
If you missed it you can watch it here.
Please join the discussion here and share your thoughts on what was anounced here. MWC 2019 discussion.

Multiple problems with the XZ Premium

SOLVED
Apprentice
Message 11 of 14
Message 11 of 14

Re: The disappointment in this phone is evergrowing

I've had the fingerprint sensor not working at all, not even after a reboot or full on shutdown. The fix? Removed all fingerprints, fully shutdown the phone, boot it up and re-scan my fingers again!

And having the wi-fi connection drop randomly while in the middle of an online game is so not cool. Please fix or atleast lay out a roadmap on when can we expect a timeframe for a solution to these issues.

Regular
Message 12 of 14
Message 12 of 14

Re: Multiple problems with the XZ Premium

"WiFi reliability has been improved in the latest update, with build number 45.0.A.7.137. you can check your software version in Settings > About phone."

On my device WiFi reliability got even worse after this update. Today the WiFi is next to useless. In able to use WiFi I need to restart my device every time I want an access to Internet. It is connected to the router but just says 'No Internet connection'. It happens everywhere (home, work, free WiFis (like in malls, metro, coffee shops etc.). At home we have 8 devices and only mine has these connectivity problems (the only Sony + Android 8.0). Before Oreo update I had no problems. 

Learner
Message 13 of 14
Message 13 of 14

You guys have no phone number or store for one to get help but to wait for your so called complaints managers to call and ppretend they can not hear you simply because they have run out of excuses. 

The tuth is theses phones have a serious problem. it just blacks out completely can not charge nor turn back on. The engineers will keep swapping your phones for old ones that have already calimed the same issue and they claim it has been fully diagnosed. 

Please please let no one fall for this kind of fraud because in the long run, you will not even notice what they are doing with your personal data.

Highlighted
Pioneer
Message 14 of 14
Message 14 of 14

@Connie11

Calm down.

I can understand your frustration when things aren't going the way you want and/or expect.

You just jump into this discussion with your complaints and expect an answer?

Or did you explain your problem elsewhere?

Anyway: If you take your time to explain what is going wrong and the solutions you tried to resolve your problem there are people here willing to help you.

who knows knows
who doesn't doesn't