account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Curious about what is happening at IFA?
Read more and discuss the press conference here.

Motion eye utilization.

Enthusiast
Message 1 of 8
Message 1 of 8

Motion eye utilization.

The Motion eye camera is very capable. Can Sony use the stacked Memory for improving the HDR and background defocus?  The Google pixel without Ois takes incredible HDR photos. If Sony were to use the image stacked sensor, wouldn't it improve the HDR capabilities of the camera?  Or is it limited due to the API?  

7 REPLIES 7
Emperor
Message 2 of 8
Message 2 of 8

Re: Motion eye utilization.

@Lazaros_K

Do elaborate 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 3 of 8
Message 3 of 8

For example. We could choose a HDR mode. When we press the shutter button, thanks to the Motion eye camera and clever software usage, the phone could quickly snap many photos and combine them for a better HDR. I'm not quite experienced with cameras, but the Google pixel doesn't have Optical Image Stabilisation and still takes amazing HDR photos. 

For Background defocus, I was thinking the phone could apply the same method of taking multiple pictures,while changing focus to have better blur / bokeh effect, although I'm not sure that's how bokeh works for single camera phones.  

Emperor
Message 4 of 8
Message 4 of 8

@Lazaros_K

But there is HDR mode, check the manual settings, also, this guide migth be useful

Xperia Tutorial Photography

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Enthusiast
Message 5 of 8
Message 5 of 8

I know, about the HDR mode, but I was just suggesting an enchanced HDR/ HDR+. The reason behind is that many phone reviewers said that the Xperia HDR isn't that impressive compared to other phones.

But thanks anyway!  Have a nice day.  

Highlighted
Emperor
Message 6 of 8
Message 6 of 8

@Lazaros_K

Do share the links

Enthusiast
Message 7 of 8
Message 7 of 8

I would like to apologize for wasting your time. I was reading comments on videos and some didn't like the HDR and I'm not quite experienced with HDR. Feel free to delete this thread. I'm so sorry again for wasting your time and thank you for the photography tips!  

Just a final question. Do you know of the XZP will recieve display Flash? It would be nice to be able to shoot better low light selfies. Thanks!

Message 8 of 8
Message 8 of 8

@Lazaros_K wrote:

When we press the shutter button, thanks to the Motion eye camera and clever software usage, the phone could quickly snap many photos and combine them for a better HDR.

...but that's exactly how HDR mode works.