account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Media volume randomly turns up

SOLVED
Visitor
Message 1 of 5
Message 1 of 5

Media volume randomly turns up

Hi all, 

The media volume of my XZ Premium randomly turns up. This happens around every 5 to 10 min. You can then see the volume bar on the top of the display increase to the maximum, the media content then gets very loud. This happens without my intervention.

It happens when I watch videos, when I listen to music via either Bluetooth or cable-connected headphones, and even when I don't do anything. The software is up-to-date.

Thanks for your help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

Re: Media volume randomly turns up

@DR15

I think this might be a hardware issue, your volume up button triggers by itself for some reason (maybe some sweat managed to leak inside or any other reason).

Just to rule out software: Start troubleshooting by restarting your phone into safe mode, this will disable all installed 3rd party apps. If the problem is resolved then one of your installed apps is causing this issue and you have to figure out which one. Start by uninstalling those apps you installed recently.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Message 2 of 5

@DR15

I think this might be a hardware issue, your volume up button triggers by itself for some reason (maybe some sweat managed to leak inside or any other reason).

Just to rule out software: Start troubleshooting by restarting your phone into safe mode, this will disable all installed 3rd party apps. If the problem is resolved then one of your installed apps is causing this issue and you have to figure out which one. Start by uninstalling those apps you installed recently.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.

Visitor
Message 3 of 5
Message 3 of 5

Thank you.

Safe mode showed that it was one of the applications on my phone. Having uninstalled the app, the media volume has behaved normally again.

Good job!

Message 4 of 5
Message 4 of 5

@DR15

Glad we could help.

Can you share with us the name of the app in case a similar issue appears again for someone else?

Highlighted
Enthusiast
Message 5 of 5
Message 5 of 5

It's just started happening on my XZ1 since updating to Pie, no new apps installed. Haven't tried safe mode yet