account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

If you want to get the max out of your Xperia phone then check out Xperia tips page.

Long Wake Time From Standby - XZ Premium

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 7
Message 1 of 7

Long Wake Time From Standby - XZ Premium

For some reason whenever I try to turn on my XZ Premium from standby the screen takes a while (roughly around 30 seconds) to actually turn on, however I can tell the phone is responding due to vibrations from holding the power button and so on.

I haven't changed anything in the settings so I was wondering if there was any help I could recieve

6 REPLIES 6
Pioneer
Message 2 of 7
Message 2 of 7

Re: Long Wake Time From Standby - XZ Premium

Hi @yung_feli;

Try restarting the phone in Safe Mode and see if same thing happens just to discard any third party apps influence.

Visitor
Message 3 of 7
Message 3 of 7

Okay I restarted in safe mode and the problem seems to have gone but I am unsure as to which 3rd party apps could be causing the problem as it has been happening since before I installed any apps.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Talent
Message 4 of 7
Message 4 of 7

yung_feli,

I read a similar symptom reported from pixel users after June security update.

Is your device already updated to June patch, 47.1.A.12.205 ?

Visitor
Message 5 of 7
Message 5 of 7

Yes I updated it just yesterday and the problem still stuck around. I am legit devasted since I don't know what to do 😢😢

Pioneer
Message 6 of 7
Message 6 of 7

@yung_feli;

If in safe mode the problem goes away it is some third party app that is causing it. It may appeared after some third party app update or change in his settings.

You must try unistalling third party apps until you find the guilty one, start with the ones lastly installed or updated.

Visitor
Message 7 of 7
Message 7 of 7

Okay I'll start off by resetting all app preferences just to see if its something there, then deleting all apps if the problem stays. But anyways, thanks for the advice.