account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Latest update Jun corupt

Apprentice
Message 1 of 11
Message 1 of 11

Latest update Jun corupt

Right after the update this month 17th I believe. The phone has been not responding and multiple crashes and the message of ui system has stopped working. 

Now after performing the repair with a fresh install I still have the same problem. So my conclusion is the new update is broken. My phone worked fine right up and till the latest update

I haven't heard any other posts about this so I hope I'm not the only one and the update has caused a hardware failure

10 REPLIES 10
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 2 of 11
Message 2 of 11

Re: Latest update Jun corupt

Which region ? 

https://xpericheck.com/device/G8142

https://xpericheck.com/device/G8141

Anyone else having the same issue...please update.

We don't have this released in IN yet. (Mighty slow on the release this month - which leads me to think "maybe....")

Message 3 of 11
Message 3 of 11

@Unregistered user wrote:

Which region ? 

https://xpericheck.com/device/G8142

https://xpericheck.com/device/G8141

Anyone else having the same issue...please update.

We don't have this released in IN yet. (Mighty slow on the release this month - which leads me to think "maybe....")

Just updated to 47.2.A.10.80 ... All good... Keep it like this Sony.. just keep it coming.....

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 4 of 11
Message 4 of 11

Any improvement on battery consumption? Last 2 months, somehow I can never make it to 2 days on a single full charge disconnected at 6:00 am. It was worse before the last update (before .62), then it stabilized to around 1 day 17 hrs (max).

Hope it gets better with this (.80) patch. Will monitor.

Message 5 of 11
Message 5 of 11

@Unregistered user wrote:

Any improvement on battery consumption? Last 2 months, somehow I can never make it to 2 days on a single full charge disconnected at 6:00 am. It was worse before the last update (before .62), then it stabilized to around 1 day 17 hrs (max).

Hope it gets better with this (.80) patch. Will monitor.

I never felt any major battery issues... Everyday when I come home it's always around 40-50% remaining.. to be infact I never used xzp below 35% ever...  Had one time battery appeared to be decreasing fast and that's bcos CPU wasn't getting into deep sleep due to some apps and I suspect some side loaded apks and also one time Google app was causing it.  Keeping a scheduled restart each week helps the phone stay healthy and fast.. the longer u run the continuously for weeks, the faster the battery drain as the ram gets filled up and CPU works more... And don't keep the phone plugged in charger overnight till morning.. charge before going to bed or charge in morning... 

Now phone battery is 80% , it's 3p.m here.. I updated phone at around 1:30 at 91% charge. And was using the phone for around an hour . Normal drain.. Also the phone is more than a year old.. still doing a very good job... Even if kind of impossible this beauty needs android Q and system wide black UI!!!

Inhabitant
Message 6 of 11
Message 6 of 11

After this update just battery i think drain a little bit fast, except battery phone works pretty good

Apprentice
Message 7 of 11
Message 7 of 11

UK region . I can confirm it has caused hardware problems as my screen touch isn't working right and resets its self at least 4 times a day and still  shows up ui system not responding

Apprentice
Message 8 of 11
Message 8 of 11

Am I coved for this damage? I have never Experienced anything like this

Apprentice
Message 9 of 11
Message 9 of 11

47.2.A.10.80-R1C

Message 10 of 11
Message 10 of 11

@AWESOMEOJOE 

These symptoms do not imply hardware damage. Actually, it's not quite possible to damage hardware with software updates. Try performing a software repair using Xperia Companion. This will do a clean installation of the latest firmware and will also wipe your internal memory. Don't forget to backup but preferably without adding apps or settings to the backup.

Feel free to kudo this post or mark it as solution so that other users facing the same issue can find it

Disclaimer: Moderators are not affiliated with or work for Sony Mobile, their posts represent their own opinions and views. Click here to find out more about the different roles in the community.