account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Want to know more about Xperia 5? To read more about it go here.
If you can't find the answer to your question there please post it here and let the community help you.

Latest XZ Premium software update

Rookie
Message 1 of 12
Message 1 of 12

Latest XZ Premium software update

Has anyone experienced bugs and instability on their phones after the last Sony software update?

11 REPLIES 11
Pioneer
Message 2 of 12
Message 2 of 12

Re: Latest XZ Premium software update

Hi @Va1571 ;

In my case the last software update (47.2.A.6.30) didn't brought any instability or bug, in fact it solved a bug brought with the Pie update (the Smart Backlight Control bug), as updates should do.

Rookie
Message 3 of 12
Message 3 of 12

Mine is updating today. Let's see how it goes. 

Regular
Message 4 of 12
Message 4 of 12

Mine is still on 47.2.A.4.41. Update roll out is too slow for me. Phone says I'm on security patch level December 2018. This is way too old. 

On Oreo, I received regular updates until Pie was releasted.  It took my device months to receive the Pie update and I've been stuck on that ever since with no additional security patchs.  It sounds like one is released but I still have to wait for no good reason, depends on your country and carrier....

Rookie
Message 5 of 12
Message 5 of 12

Yes I have noticed how slow Sony updates have become. 

One time poster
Message 6 of 12
Message 6 of 12

Il telefono dopo l'ultimo aggiornamento si spegne e si riaccende da solo

After the last update, the phone switches off and on again

gt

Rookie
Message 7 of 12
Message 7 of 12

Try restarting the phone on safe mode. 

Learner
Message 8 of 12
Message 8 of 12

I stuck in 47.1.A.16.20

Customized MAA

It's been 5 month without updates now

Highlighted
Unregistered user
Not applicable
Message 9 of 12
Message 9 of 12

With the latest update the Smart Backlight error was resolved, but I think battery drain has increased. I have observed this for about a week now. Earlier the phone still used to have about 25% left on the second day before 11 pm, starting from 100% on the first day at 7:00 am, but now I must need recharge on the 2nd night - battery down to 5% or less.

My usage has not changed - so is it my imagination or others also noticing this change?

Message 10 of 12
Message 10 of 12

my android is Customized MAA and still no update or any news from android 9 customized MAA, i'm confused