account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests directly on your phone with the support application.
Read more and discuss the app here.

Know can I get a good Xperia Keyboard as the ones installed are really bad.

Highlighted
Visitor
Message 1 of 15
Message 1 of 15

14 REPLIES 14
Emperor
Message 2 of 15
Message 2 of 15

Re: Know can I get a good Xperia Keyboard as the ones installed are really bad.

@Foxbabe

what's wrong witht he preloaded keyboard? 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Visitor
Message 3 of 15
Message 3 of 15

The smart one u can't use a keypad in portrait screen, and the only other alternative can't spell at all!!  U can't turn of auto correct, everything I add to the dictionary, it won't use even trough it is actually in there.  It's taking ages to correct the crap it's adding into my texting!!

Emperor
Message 4 of 15
Message 4 of 15

@Foxbabe

I don't have this Xperia but if the keyboard its the same as the Xperia XZ you should be able to do the following

open the messaging app > swipe left to right > more > typing > typing & autocurrect > disable autocorrect. 

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not." Kurt Cobain (1967-1994)

Genius
Message 5 of 15
Message 5 of 15

@Foxbabe or simply embrace what android is developed for thus giving you the choice to download/test/install a keyboard app from the Play store that suits your own personal requirments :smileysmileythumbsup:

Message 6 of 15
Message 6 of 15

The original Xperia Keyboard is on Google play store and works fully with XZ Premium. 

Moderators are not affiliated with, or work for Sony Mobile, and their posts represent their own opinions and views.
Click here to find out more about the different roles on the community.

Message 7 of 15
Message 7 of 15

Commissioner
Message 8 of 15
Message 8 of 15

Try Gboard from Google. Much better than Xperia keyboard and SwiftKey Slightly smiling Face

SwiftKey which is now default Xperia keyboard used to be really good bu tthey recently broke it with an update that messes up autopredictions and basically made it unusable. They also had some issues recently where people's predictions would show on opther people's phones!

Anyway, try Gboard and you won't regret. Best Android keyboard out there Slightly smiling Face

Inhabitant
Message 9 of 15
Message 9 of 15

Xperia Keyboard from Google Play does not work with the XZ Premium, why not? 

Message 10 of 15
Message 10 of 15

@Nathaniel probably because it's been discontinued. Swiftkey is the default keyboard now. keep in mind, Xperia keyboard was using Swiftkey's autocorrect engine anyway, so there isn't too much of a difference between the two (except that Swiftkey is more customizable than Xperia keyboard has ever been).