account arrowhead-down arrowhead-up mobile-menu search sm-bold-x x-skinny-rounded x-skinny arrowhead-right social-facebook social-googleplus social-instagram social-linkedin social-pinterest social-qzone social-renren social-tencent social-twitter social-vkontakt social-weibo social-youku social-youtube

Please help us improve our website

Take our customer survey to evaluate your visit.

It should only take a few minutes to answer five quick questions. Just click the Launch survey button at the end of your visit to begin.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tips & Tricks

Troubleshoot, find support articles, run tests with the support app directly on your phone.
Read more and discuss the app here.

January update (47.1.A.12.34) bug , gps icon always on

SOLVED
Enthusiast
Message 51 of 62
Message 51 of 62

Re: January update (47.1.A.12.34) bug , gps icon always on

Hear thee, hear thee! Behold and enjoy! 

After not being able to show my GPS icon regardless of my actions, I finally have the hated permanent icon on top of my screen!! And of course I can't get rid of it. 

And again, swiftfreaking keyboard is acting up badly when posting on this forum. 

Thank you, Sony! 😍

Talent
Message 52 of 62
Message 52 of 62

1. SwiftKey does not work well with rich text editor, disable this function in account settings here. 2. No problem with GPS icon on my XZP single sim...
Learner
Message 53 of 62
Message 53 of 62

Reporting the same problem on Xperia X after update on androind oreo. Please fix it!

And where else should i beg for more options in "tool for debugging the user interface of the system"/"Experimental tweaks"  or what its called in english

Regards

Message 54 of 62
Message 54 of 62

@callofmartyif you mean Developer options, they're made by Google. as far as I know Sony doesn't add any options in there on their own.

Learner
Message 55 of 62
Message 55 of 62

i dont thik its the dev options. I think its called experimental somethink... you can access it by pressing and holding the settings wheel and then go to settings/system/(bottom of the screen)

you should be able to change for example the navigation bar icons or switch them from left to right and so on.... unfortunately not in xperia X :-(  

Message 56 of 62
Message 56 of 62

@callofmarty oh, you mean System UI Tuner. well good news is, you can do that if you're feeling adventurous, with the help of a third party app and ADB connection. if you install Custom Navigation Bar, it should lead you through necessary steps to set it up properly. I use it to bring the navigation buttons closer to the center of the bar but there are more settings inside. 

Highlighted
Learner
Message 57 of 62
Message 57 of 62

Well i tryed the custom navigation bar, but it said my device isnt compatible with this app... soo bumer Slightly frowning Face

send a dev team of custom navigation bar an email, so maybe they can help.

Any ideas? thx

Apprentice
Message 58 of 62
Message 58 of 62

@callofmarty, could you please open a new thread for that navigation bar topic? This thread is about the location/GPS icon bug.

Thanks!

Talent
Message 59 of 62
Message 59 of 62

Re: January update (47.1.A.12.34) bug , gps (location) icon always on

Question is, when? Will the March patch fix it?

Learner
Message 60 of 62
Message 60 of 62

Besides the GPS signal, anyone experiencing the issue that the alarm won't dismiss from the notification? I'm on 47.1.A.12.75.